||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2011)|
|Birth name||Lee Chang-sun (이창선)|
February 7, 1988 |
Seoul, South Korea
|Genres||Pop, dance, R&B|
|Occupation(s)||singer, actor, dancer, model|
|Labels||J. Tune Camp (2009-2014)|
|Revised Romanization||I Chang-seon|
|Revised Romanization||I Jun|
Lee Chang-sun (Hangul: 이창선; hanja: 李昌宣; born February 7, 1988), better known by his stage name Lee Joon (Hangul: 이준; hanja: 李準) is a South Korean idol singer, dancer, actor and model. He had been a member of the Korean male group MBLAQ until end of November, 2014 when his contract with J. Tune Camp officially ended and on December 16, 2014 it was announced he had departed from the group and for the time being he will only focus on filming his current TV series, MBC's Mr. Back.
Before becoming a part of MBLAQ, Lee acted in CFs, had a small non-recurring role in the first episode of Korean sitcom That Person is Coming (그분이 오신다), which aired in 2008, and began and completed filming for the 2009 film, Ninja Assassin in which he portrayed the Teenage Raizo. Lee debuted acting in a South Korean movie titled, “Rough Play”, which was produced by "Kim Kiduk" and which was unusually risque for a pop idol due to the numerous nude sex scenes he had to perform in the film. His acting as "Oh Young" had earned the “Best Male Newcomer” award at the 1st Wild Flower Film Festival 2014. He was nominated for the same category at the 50th Baeksang Arts Awards.
After training under Rain and J.Tune Entertainment, Lee became a member of South Korean quintet male group MBLAQ, serving as a vocalist and main dancer. The group debuted on October 9, 2009 at Rain's Legend of Rainism concert where they performed various songs from their then-unreleased single album Just BLAQ. Their performance was met with praise, with many concert spectators and fans considering them to be the next TVXQ. MBLAQ's first single, "Oh Yeah", was released to the public through a music video on October 14, 2009 with their debut single album, Just BLAQ releasing on the same day. MBLAQ made their broadcast debut with the song "Oh Yeah" on Mnet's M! Countdown.
The group has starred in various South Korean variety shows as guests as well as in their own variety shows like Mnet's MBLAQ – The Art of Seduction, MBC's MBLAQ's Idol Army, Mnet's Sesame Player and KBS's Hello Baby Season 5.
MBLAQ made their Japanese debut on May 3, 2011 with an event held at the Kanagawa Lazona Kawasaki Plaza which gathered a reported 10, 000 fans. A day later, on May 4, they released their first Japanese album Your Luv which immediately reached first position of the Oricon Daily Charts, selling more that 11,000 copies.
Since their debut, MBLAQ has released three single albums, three extended play albums and one studio album. He also one of the regular guests for SBS Running Man with 5 time appearance.Episode 8, 95, 108, 129 and 162 
His fanclub is named: J+
In late 2009, after MBLAQ's debut, Lee was cast as a permanent cast member in the television shows Star Golden Bell Season 2 and Oh! My School (prev. 100 Points out of 100').
In 2010, he was cast in two dramas, titled Jungle Fish 2, in which he plays opposite Jiyeon from T-ara, and Housewife Kim Kwang Ja's Third Activity which aired on September 22, 2010. He participated in the OST for Jungle Fish 2 by singing two songs: "슬픈예감 (Feeling Sad)" with Hong Jong Hyun and "슬픈예감 (Feeling Sad) (Farewell Version)" with Hong Jong Hyun, Han Jiwoo, Kim Bora and Shin Soyool.
On January 6, 2012 it was announced that Lee and After School's Lizzy would become a dance couple for the MBC Lunar New Year special Pit-a-Pat Shake!, and on January 24 the episode in which they performed their acrobatic dance routine was broadcast.
Lee Joon was born and raised in Seoul, South Korea. He has an older sister. He had stated that he was told by his teacher he had no talent in acting, his earlier dream, so he gave up and started dance. He in fact, before joining Seoul Arts High School had only danced for a month and won 2nd in a competition and a scholarship to Seoul Arts High School. He was not as flexible as the students who had studied dance for 10 years, but he was exceptional at choreography. He then was told once again he was not talented and was teased by other students. Lee did not give up and lived in school on week days. He went back home on weekends and practiced hard and very much. After his hard work and dedication was recognized, many more students began talking to him. He graduated from the Seoul Arts High School receiving a lot of attention. He majored in modern dance at the Korea National University of Arts and now attends Kyung Hee Cyber University.
Before Lee's debut with MBLAQ, due to his good looks, he modeled for a variety of products such as wigs, home shopping and hangover drink ads.
On November 6, 2010, during an interview, Lee revealed that he suffers from both insomnia and a severe bipolar disorder. He went on to say "[I had] suffered from insomnia before [my] debut", and that "It was fixed for a bit due to the fatigue after MBLAQ's debut, but it [had] come back recently. [He hadn't] slept for two days [that day]". Furthermore, Lee Joon revealed that the mental and physical stress induced by his busy schedule and inability to sleep was what caused his bipolar disorder.
On February 13, 2011 Lee was pulled out of filming MBLAQ's special stage for their song "Stay" at SBS's Inkigayo after he suddenly began vomiting. He was admitted to a hospital where he was diagnosed with a cochlea disorder, but it was determined that the condition was not severe. However, his activities were cancelled for a brief period of time in order for him to recover.
Awards and recognition
Lee Joon nominated in two categories in the 50th PaekSang Arts Awards: PaekSang Arts Award for Best New Actor in Film (Rough Play) and PaekSang Arts Award for Most Popular Actor in Film (Rough Play)
|2009||Ninja Assassin||Teenage Raizo|
|2011||Gnomeo & Juliet||Gnomeo||Korean dubbing|
|2013||Rough Play||Oh Young||He won the "Best New Actor or Actress" Award at the 1st Wildflower Film Festival in 2014.|||
|Guest||Nam-soo||As village head's son|
|2008||MBC||Here He Comes||Himself||Cameo, prior to debut.|
|2010||Housewife Kim Kwang-ja's Third Activities||Jin|
|KBS 1||Jungle Fish 2||Ahn Ba-woo|
|2012||SBS||History of a Salaryman||Yeo-chi's boyfriend||Ep. 1 Cameo|
|KBS 2||Sent from Heaven||Lee Joon||Also known as I Need a Fairy|
|Channel A||K-POP – The Ultimate Audition||Members of the fictional band, M1||Cameo, also known as Strongest K-POP Star Survival.|
|2013||KBS 2||Iris II||Yoon Shi-hyuk|
|MBC Every 1||The Dramatic||Himself|
|MBC||Mr. Back||Choi Dae-han||As Choi Go-bong's son.|
|2009||Mnet||MBLAQ's Art of Seduction||Himself|
|2009 - 2010||MBC Every 1||Idol Army||Season 5|
|2010||SBS||Shin PD's Variety World|
|Running Man||Ep. 8|
|GOMTV||Making the Artist|
|Mnet||MBLAQ Goes To School|
|SBS||Idol Maknae Rebellion|
|KBS||Star Golden Bell|
|2011||100 Points Out of 100 Points||Also known as (a.k.a.) Oh! My School|
|KBS 2||Birth of a Family|
|2012||KBS 2||MBLAQ's Hello Baby|
|Talk Show Do Dream|
|SBS||1000 Song Challenge|
|Running Man||Ep. 95 (all members except Mir), 104 and 108|
|KBS World TV||Immortal Song 2|
|Mnet||The Beatles Code|
|MBC||Pit-a-Pat Shake!||With After School's Lizzy|
|Exploration of Gender|
|KBS 2||Invincible Youth|
|MBC Every 1||Weekly Idol|
|MBC||We Got Married Season 4||Groom (with Oh Yeon-seo)|
|KBS 2||Let's Go Dream Team Season 2||Himself|
|2013||KBS||The Human Condition: The Conditions of a Vacation|
|tvN||Saturday Night Live Korea (SNL Korea)|
|SBS||Running Man||Episodes 129 and 162|
|2014||Mnet||Beatles Code 3D|
Music Video (MV) appearances
These are a collection of Lee Joon's appearances in other artists' music videos as well as notable acting performances in music videos.
|2010||"Going Crazy"||Kan Mi Youn|
|2011||"My Heart is Beating (가슴이 뛴다)"||K.Will|
|"Can't Open Up My Lips (입이 떨어지지 않아서)"||K.Will|
|2014||"Singing Got Better"||Ailee|
- (in Korean). 10 Asia. December 15, 2010 http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=people6&a_id=2009121508251719152. Missing or empty
- Lee Joon's departure from MBLAQ "Lee Joon and Cheon Dung Release Official Statement on Ending Promotions as MBLAQ", Mwave, 16 December 2014. Retrieved on 16 December 2014.
- Han Sang, Hee (October 11, 2009). "Rain Wows Fans in 'Legend of Rainism'". Korea Times. Retrieved October 19, 2009.
- Kim, Lynn (September 27, 2009). "Idol Group MBLAQ to debut at Rain's Concert". Asia Economy. Retrieved October 17, 2009.
- "MBLAQ's debut single set to release on October 14". asiae.co.kr. September 22, 2009. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- "Rain's MBLAQ Makes Broadcast Debut". Korea Times. October 15, 2009. Retrieved October 17, 2009.
- (Korean)"엠블랙 데뷔하자마자 오리콘 위클리 2위 기염". Nate News/Newsen. May 11, 2011.
- "MBLAQ、デビューイベントに1万人 メンバー・ミルが復帰後初ライブ" (in Japanese). Oricon. May 3, 2011.
- Raden Adiputra Running Man Data Vault
- 3개월만에 부활하는 케이블 채널 Mnet `엠카운트다운`(이하 `엠카`)에 아이돌 그룹 멤버 8명이 MC를 맡았다.. MAEIL NEWS. February 26, 2010.
- 엠블랙 이준, 티아라 지연과 '정글피쉬2'서 연기 호흡 (in Korean). Nate News. August 31, 2010.
- 이준, 예능 이어 추석특집 드라마도 접수! (in Korean). bnt news. September 21, 2010.
- 티아라 지연-엠블랙 이준, '노미오와 줄리엣' 목소리연기 도전 (in Korean). Nate News. March 9, 2011.
- "After School's Lizzy and Lee Joon to perform together on Pit-a-Pat Shake!". allkpop.com. January 6, 2012. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- "Lee Joon and Lizzy perform an acrobatic dance routine He also worged in "We got Married Season 4" with Oh-Yeon Seo as his virtual wife.". allkpop.com. January 24, 2012. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- "Lee Joon's teacher and mother talk about the idol". allkpop.com. September 27, 2011. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- "이준(이창선) 가수, 영화배우". Naver. April 4, 2014. Retrieved 3 August 2011.
- "Lee Joon reveals he suffers from insomnia and a bipolar disorder". allkpop.com. November 3, 2010. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- "Lee Joon suffers from bipolar disorder due to stress and insomnia". absolutemblaq.wordpress.com. November 6, 2010. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- "Lee Joon admitted to hospital due to cochlea disorder". allkpop.com. February 13, 2012. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- "Lee Joon was selected for the leading role for movie "An actor is an actor"". allkpop.com. November 12, 2012. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- 신하균 장나라 박예진 이준 정석원 ‘미스터백’ 출연확정, 막강라인업 (in Korean). Newsen. October 12, 2014. Retrieved October 13, 2014.
- 이준, '미스터백' 합류…신하균 아들로 망나니 재벌2세 연기 (in Korean). Hankyung News. October 10, 2014. Retrieved October 13, 2014.
- "이준, MBC '미스터 백' 합류..신하균과 부자지간" (in Korean). Star News. October 10, 2014. Retrieved October 13, 2014.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (6 September 2012). "MBLAQ’s Lee Joon and Oh Yeon Seo Replace Kang So Ra and Super Junior’s Leeteuk on We Got Married". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "MBLAQ's Lee Joon and Mir in Kan Mi Youn's "Going Crazy"". youtube.com. June 30, 2010. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- "Lee Joon appears in K.Will's "My Heart is Beating" music video". youtube.com. March 10, 2011. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- "Lee Joon appears again for K.Will's "Can't Open Up My Lips" music video". youtube.com. March 22, 2011. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- "Lee Joon appears in Hyuna's "Bubble Pop!" music video". youtube. July 4, 2011. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- "Lee Joon appears in Ailee's "Singing Got Better" teaser". youtube. January 2, 2014. Retrieved January 2, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lee Joon.|