Lee Mullican in his Santa Monica residence. (1970)
Lee Mullican (December 2, 1919 in Chickasha, Oklahoma – July 8, 1998 in Santa Monica, California) was a painter and art teacher, and an influential member of the Dynaton Movement. He was a member of the UCLA art faculty from 1962 to 1990. He married Luchita Hurtado; their son Matt Mullican is a New York City based artist; their son John Mullican is a Los Angeles based writer and director. He is represented by Marc Selwyn Fine Art in Los Angeles, California.
- Eliel, Carol S., Lee Mullican, Amy Gerstler, and Lari Pittman. Lee Mullican an abundant harvest of sun (Los Angeles County Museum of Art: Los Angeles, 2005) ISBN 978-0-87587-194-3
- McCollum, Allan,"The Drawing Appears," in Lee Mullican: Selected Drawings, 1945-1980. University of California, Los Angeles (1999).
- Lee Mullican, "Selected Works," published by Galerie Schreiner, 1980
- Oral history interview with Lee Mullican, 1992 May 22-1993 Mar. 4, Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Lee Mullican papers, 1947-1991 Smithsonian Archives of American Art
- Interview of Lee Mullican, part of Los Angeles Art Community - Group Portrait interview series, Center for Oral History Research, UCLA Library Special Collections, University of California, Los Angeles.
- Finding Lee Mullican, documentary film made by son John Mullican, 2008
- Lee Mullican on artnet