|Date of birth||October 7, 1986|
|Place of birth||Richardson, Texas, United States|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|New England Revolution|
|2005||Ajax Orlando Prospects|
|2009–2010||Hoàng Anh Gia Lai||19||(9)|
|2010–2011||Becamex Bình Dương||15||(2)|
|2012–||New England Revolution||82||(16)|
|2007||United States U23||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of July 31, 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Hoàng Anh Gia Lai
New England Revolution
On December 7, 2011, it was officially announced that Nguyen had signed a multi-year deal with Major League Soccer which could potentially extend to 2015. The league used a weighted lottery system to determine the club for which he will play. Vancouver Whitecaps FC won the lottery on December 15, 2011. Although at one point he was the highest paid athlete in Vietnam, Nguyen will earn less than $60,000 for the 2012 Major League Soccer season but will earn $193,750 for the 2014 Major League Soccer season.
He was signed and then waived by the Whitecaps on March 1, 2012, before the season started. He has been picked up by the New England Revolution of the MLS on March 2, 2012. Nguyen scored two goals against his former club, Vancouver, in a 4–1 win at Gilette Stadium.
In 2005, Nguyen was named in the Milk Cup roster for the U-18 national team.Nguyen made his debut for USA in a friendly against China in June 2007. The following month he was named in the 2007 Copa America team for the United States. He played in two games, a 1-0 loss against Colombia and a 3-1 loss against Paraguay. As United States are not CONMEBOL members and were invitees as guests for the competitions, the caps he received were non-binding. In 2008, he was named in the Toulon Tournament team.
Nguyen remains eligible for the Vietnam national football team.
- "Lee Nguyễn nhập tịch Việt Nam" [Lee Nguyen's Vietnamese Citizenship]. vnexpress.net (in Vietnamese). April 10, 2011.
- HelminLagt, Jesper (January 31, 2008). "Tre forstærkninger til Randers FC". bold.dk (in Danish) (Sport Publish OÜ).
- "US Nat Lee Nguyen Close To Vietnam Move". Goal.com. December 17, 2008. Retrieved January 13, 2009.
- "US-Vietnamese Star Lee Nguyen To Train With Arsenal". Goal.com. September 17, 2009. Retrieved December 15, 2011.
- Fidencio Enriquez (December 6, 2011). "Ex-US int'l Nguyen signs multi-year deal with MLS". MLSsoccer.com. Retrieved December 15, 2011.
- McCauley, Kevin (December 6, 2011). "Vancouver Whitecaps Acquire Lee Nguyen Through Weighted Lottery". SBNation.com. Retrieved December 15, 2011.
- Greg Seltzer (November 9, 2011). "American Exports: Nguyen on verge of signing with MLS". MLSsoccer.com. Retrieved December 15, 2011.
- "Matt Watson obtains United States green card". WhitecapsFC.com. March 1, 2012. Retrieved March 1, 2012.
- "Revs add midfielder Lee Nguyen through Waiver Draft". March 2, 2012. Retrieved March 2, 2012.
- Simon Fudge (May 12, 2012). "Whitecaps FC fall to humbling weekend defeat at New England Revolution | Vancouver Whitecaps FC". Whitecapsfc.com. Retrieved August 30, 2012.
- "U-18 MNT Draw 1-1 With Brazil at Milk Cup". ussoccer.com. 2 August 2005. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- Lee Nguyen profile at Soccerway
- "Nowak Names 22-Player Roster for Toulon International Tournament". ussoccer.com. 12 May 2015. Retrieved 18 August 2014.