||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010)|
|Birth name||Lee Seung-Cheol (이승철)|
|Also known as||RUI (in Japan)|
|Born||December 5, 1966|
|Genres||Soft rock, Pop rock|
|Years active||1989–present (Korea)
|Labels||CJ E&M (Korea)
Universal (A&M) (Japan)
|Revised Romanization||I Seung-cheol|
Lee Seung-Cheol (Hangul: 이승철; also spelled Lee Seung-Chul; born December 5, 1966 in Seoul) is a South Korean singer. He was the main vocal of Boohwal, a South Korean rock band, until 1989 when he parted with the band and released his first solo album, Don't Say Good-Bye (안녕이라고 말하지마). In 2005 his 7th album, The Livelong Day, won him Korean Music Awards for best male singer. He has been working for a judge in reality television series Superstar K.
His Japanese debut was in 2006, under A&M Japan. His debut Japanese album is entitled Sound of Double. In October 2010, Lee represented Korea and performed at the 7th Asia Song Festival, organised by Korea Foundation for International Culture Exchange, at the Seoul Olympic Stadium.
|1986||1||Lee Seung-chul Part 2|
|1990||2||노을, 그리고 나|
|1994||4||The Secret of Color|
|1996||5||The Bridge of Sonic Heaven|
|1999||6||오직 너뿐인 나를|
|2004||7||The Live Long Day|
|2006||8||Reflection of Sound|
|2007||9||The Secret of Color 2|
|2009||10||Mutopia - The Land of Dreams|
|2013||11||My Love |
|2006.04||2||Sound of Double|
- "Rui (Lee Seung-Cheol)". Universal Music KK. 2006-03-22. Retrieved 2011-08-18.
- "Winners of Korean Music Awards". KBS WORLD. 2005-03-23. Retrieved 2011-02-23.
- KOFICE 7th Asia Song Festival 23 October 2010. Retrieved 2011-10-12
- serendipity (June 17, 2013). "Lee Seung Chul releases 11th album + MV for 'My Love'". allkpop. Retrieved June 29, 2013.
- "iTunes - Music - My Love by Lee Seung Chul". iTunes. Apple Inc.
- "Rui: For Japan". HMV Japan. 2006-03-22. Retrieved 2011-08-18.
- "Rui: Sound of Double". HMV Japan. 2006-04-26. Retrieved 2011-08-18.
|This article about a Korean singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|