Lee So-yeon (actress)
April 16, 1982 |
|Education||Korea National University of Arts - Theater (dropped out)
Hanyang University - Theater and Film
Lee So-yeon (born April 16, 1982) is a South Korean actress. She is best known for her roles in the films Untold Scandal (2003) and Feathers in the Wind (2004), and the television series Temptation of an Angel (2009) and Dong Yi (2010).
Lee So-yeon first drew notice in the period film Untold Scandal, playing the Cécile role in the 2003 Korean adaptation of Les Liaisons dangereuses. She has since played villains in several television dramas, namely Super Rookie, Spring Waltz, Temptation of an Angel, and in her most high-profile yet, Korean history's famous femme fatale Jang Hee-bin in Dong Yi. Seemingly a victim of typecasting on TV, Lee was finally given her first leading role in the romantic comedy Why Did You Come to Our House? (also known as Wanted: Son-in-Law). More lighthearted fare followed with My Life's Golden Age (about a family of siblings), and My Love By My Side in which she played a cheerful single mother. In 2012 she returned to period dramas as a gisaeng in Dr. Jin.
Unlike her dramas, Lee's films are a more diverse mix of mainstream and indie. Feathers in the Wind in particular brought her critical raves, with Darcy Paquet of Koreanfilm.org crediting Lee's "considerable screen presence" in making her character "memorable."
Lee is also going to be one of the new couples in the variety show "We Got Married." She is to be coupled with a composer/pianist Yoon Han. Their first meeting was aired on September 14.
- We Got Married (MBC, 2013)
- Ruby Ring (KBS2, 2013)
- The Birth of a Family (SBS, 2012-2013)
- Dr. Jin (MBC, 2012)
- My Love By My Side (SBS, 2011)
- Dong Yi (MBC, 2010)
- Temptation of an Angel (SBS, 2009)
- My Life's Golden Age (MBC, 2008)
- Why Did You Come to Our House? (SBS, 2008)
- Spring Waltz (KBS, 2006)
- Let's Get Married (MBC, 2005)
- Super Rookie (MBC, 2005)
- Spring Day (SBS, 2005)
- The Dog and Key (short film, 2011)
- Bravo My Life (2007)
- Highway Star (2007)
- One Shining Day (2006)
- Feathers in the Wind (2004)
- Joy of Love (short film, 2004)
- Untold Scandal (2003)
- Summer Story (2003)
- Unborn But Forgotten (2002)
- Wintering (Eru, 2007)
- 2011 SBS Drama Awards: Excellence Award, Actress in a Weekend Drama (My Love By My Side)
- 2010 MBC Drama Awards: Excellence Award, Actress (Dong Yi)
- 2009 SBS Drama Awards: New Star Award (Temptation of an Angel)
- 2008 MBC Drama Awards: Best New Actress (My Life's Golden Age)
- 2007 China Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Film Festival: Best Actress in a Foreign Film (Bravo My Life)
- "Rookie Employees Talk About the New Hit Show Super Rookie". The Dong-a Ilbo. May 11, 2005.
- "Spring Waltz, the conclusion of the Four Seasons series, comes to life". KoreaContent.org via Hancinema. February 23, 2006.
- "Han Hyo-joo says she "hold fast" to her role in Dong Yi". 10Asia. May 7, 2010.
- "Korean Movie Reviews for 2005: Git". Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved 2012-11-11.
- "온주완, 이소연 제3회 제천국제음악영화제 위촉식 가져" (in Korean). Y-Star. July 10, 2007.
- "All About My Family". MBC Global Media. Retrieved 2012-11-11.
- "In New MBC Drama, A Good Wife and Mother Marries a Braggart". The Dong-a Ilbo. October 7, 2005.
- "One Shining Day". IndieStory. Retrieved 2012-11-11.
- "Joy of Love is a joy to watch". Wuli Jo Hyun Jae. May 18, 2009.
- "Summer Story". Korean Movie Database. Retrieved 2012-11-11.