Lee So-yeon (actress)
April 16, 1982 |
Seoul, South Korea
|Education||Korea National University of Arts - Theater (dropped out)
Hanyang University - Theater and Film
|Agent||Star J Entertainment|
|Revised Romanization||I So-yeon|
Lee So-yeon (born April 16, 1982) is a South Korean actress. She is best known for her roles in the films Untold Scandal (2003) and Feathers in the Wind (2004), and the television series Temptation of an Angel (2009) and Dong Yi (2010).
Lee So-yeon first drew notice in the period film Untold Scandal, playing the Cécile role in the 2003 Korean adaptation of Les Liaisons dangereuses. She has since played villains in several television dramas, namely Super Rookie, Spring Waltz, Temptation of an Angel, and in her most high-profile yet, Korean history's famous femme fatale Jang Hui-bin in Dong Yi. Seemingly a victim of typecasting on TV, Lee was finally given her first leading role in the romantic comedy Why Did You Come to Our House? (also known as Wanted: Son-in-Law). More lighthearted fare followed with My Life's Golden Age (about a family of siblings), and My Love By My Side in which she played a cheerful single mother. In 2012 she returned to period dramas as a gisaeng in Dr. Jin, followed by the contemporary daily dramas The Birth of a Family and Ruby Ring.
Unlike her TV series, Lee's films are a more diverse mix of mainstream and indie. Feathers in the Wind in particular brought her critical raves, with Darcy Paquet of Koreanfilm.org crediting Lee's "considerable screen presence" in making her character "memorable."
From September 2013 to March 2014, Lee appeared on the fourth season of reality/variety show We Got Married, in which celebrities are paired together as fake wedded couples; Lee's partner was pianist Yoon Han. She returned to acting in the cable drama Wild Chives and Soy Bean Soup: 12 Years Reunion.
|2005||Spring Day||Kim Kyung-ah||SBS|
|Super Rookie||Seo Hyun-ah||MBC|
|Let's Get Married||Kwon Eun-sun||MBC|
|2006||Spring Waltz||Song Yi-na||KBS2|
|2008||Why Did You Come to Our House?||Han Mi-soo||SBS|
|My Life's Golden Age||Lee Geum||MBC|
|2009||Temptation of an Angel||Joo Ah-ran||SBS|
|2010||Dong Yi||Jang Hui-bin||MBC|
|2011||My Love By My Side||Do Mi-sol||SBS|
|The Birth of a Family||Lee Soo-jung||SBS|
|2013||Ruby Ring||Jung Ruby/Jung Runa||KBS2|
|2014||Wild Chives and Soy Bean Soup: 12 Years Reunion||Jang Gook/Jang Dal-rae||jTBC|
|2002||Unborn But Forgotten|
|Untold Scandal||Lee So-ok|
|2004||Joy of Love||short film|
|Feathers in the Wind||So-yeon|
|2006||One Shining Day||Go-ny||segment: "The Beautiful Strangers"|
|2007||Highway Star||Cha Seo-yeon|
|Bravo My Life||Kim Yoo-ri|
|2011||The Dog and Key||short film|
|2006||Happy Sunday - Heroine 6||KBS2|
|2009||Living Beauty: Paris Hair Sketch with Lee So-yeon||Olive TV|
|2011||Dugeun Dugeun Studio of Love||MBC|
|2012-2013||The Track||MBC Music|
|2013-2014||We Got Married - Season 4||MBC|
Awards and nominations
|2007||China Golden Rooster Awards
and Hundred Flowers Awards
|Best Actress in a Foreign Film||Bravo My Life||Won|
|2008||MBC Drama Awards||Best New Actress||My Life's Golden Age||Won|
|2009||SBS Drama Awards||New Star Award||Temptation of an Angel||Won|
|2010||MBC Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress||Dong Yi||Won|
|2011||SBS Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress in a Weekend/Daily Drama||My Love By My Side||Won|
|2012||MBC Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||Dr. Jin||Nominated|
|2013||MBC Entertainment Awards||Excellence Award, Actress in a Variety Show||We Got Married||Won|
|SBS Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress in Weekend/Daily Drama||The Birth of a Family||Nominated|
|KBS Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress in a Daily Drama||Ruby Ring||Won|
- "Rookie Employees Talk About the New Hit Show Super Rookie". The Dong-a Ilbo. May 11, 2005.
- "Spring Waltz, the conclusion of the Four Seasons series, comes to life". KoreaContent.org via Hancinema. February 23, 2006.
- "Han Hyo-joo says she "hold fast" to her role in Dong Yi". 10Asia. May 7, 2010.
- "Korean Movie Reviews for 2005: Git". Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved 2012-11-11.
- "온주완, 이소연 제3회 제천국제음악영화제 위촉식 가져" (in Korean). Y-Star. July 10, 2007.
- "We Got Married Couple Yoon Han and Lee So Yeon Are Confused with Their Virtual Marriage". KpopStarz. November 25, 2013.
- "We Got Married Lee So Yeon and Yoon Han Couple to Say Good Bye to Married Life". enewsWorld. March 14, 2013.
- "Min Nam-gung 'happy' to act in new comedic family drama". Korea JoongAng Daily. March 19, 2014.
- "In New MBC Drama, A Good Wife and Mother Marries a Braggart". The Dong-a Ilbo. October 7, 2005.
- "All About My Family". MBC Global Media. Retrieved 2012-11-11.
- "Summer Story". Korean Movie Database. Retrieved 2012-11-11.
- "Joy of Love is a joy to watch". Wuli Jo Hyun Jae. May 18, 2009.
- "One Shining Day". IndieStory. Retrieved 2012-11-11.