Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute
The Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute (originally the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute) is an acting school located at 115 East 15th Street between Union Square East and Irving Place in the Union Square neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, as well as at 7936 Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood, California. The school was founded by the noted acting teacher Lee Strasberg in 1969 to teach and promote the techniques of method acting.
The Institute has a relationship with the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University, where students can study in an eight credit program. The institute is currently under the artistic direction of Anna Strasberg, Lee Strasberg's widow.
- "Our Background" on the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute website
- Lee Strasberg: Tisch School of the Arts at NYU.
- A Timeline of Lee
- "Cheers for Palestinian film of love and betrayal". Al Arabiya. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- "Acting Classes". Strasberg.com. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Rebecca De Morney - about this person". New York Times. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- "Lee Strasberg Theater and Film Institute". Acting-school-stop.com. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Bridget Fonda biography". TV Guide. Retrieved April 2, 2011.
- "Michael Imperioli Returns to Strasberg" on the Strasberg Institute Official Blog
- "Scarlett Johansson biography"
- "Long Road to Success in LA for Former Strasberg Student" on the Strasberg Institute Official Blog
- "Ranbir Kapoor biography". Yahoo.
- "Prakash Kovelamudi director". Rediff.
- "Gay-straight dynamics in Scud's Permanent Residence". Fridae. 2009-05-01. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- Susan Loughnane at the Internet Movie Database
- "Bienvenue sur le site officiel du jeune comédien Jean-Baptiste Maunier !". Jbmaunier.net. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute Alumni". Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute. Retrieved June 28, 2012.
- Fatima, Nishat (2002-04-28). "Shenaz: Most wanted again". The Times of India. Retrieved 2008-06-25.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute.|
- Official website
- Tsunoda, Wake. "Can You Imagine That? Teens Try Method Acting Exercises", The Milwaukee Journal Green Sheet (May 23, 1970), pp. 1–2