Wallace with Rangers in 2015.
|Full name||Lee Wallace|
|Date of birth||1 August 1987|
|Place of birth||Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Left Back|
|2004–2011||Heart of Midlothian||139||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 03 January 2014 at 13:27.
† Appearances (Goals).
Heart of Midlothian
Wallace signed professional terms in July 2004 from the Hearts youth team. Wallace made his debut in the 2004–05 season against Kilmarnock in the Scottish Cup and became a regular member of the first team squad although he found it hard to dislodge Takis Fyssas from the left back position.
Arguably, Wallace's finest moment so far in the maroon jersey of Hearts was his wonder strike against Kilmarnock in the Scottish Cup at Rugby Park where he ran a full seventy yards to score his first competitive goal for the club.
In the summer of 2006 fellow Scottish Premier League club Dundee United had a loan bid for Wallace rejected. A month later, Wallace signed a five-year contract with Hearts. Wallace was made vice captain at Hearts during season 2010–11. However his season was blighted by injury and he made only ten appearances for the club.
Wallace made 160 appearances in all competitions scoring four goals.
On 22 June, Hearts rejected a bid of £300,000 from Rangers, deeming it as derisory. A week later Rangers made an improved offer of £1m, which was also rejected. Hearts then placed a £3m price tag on Wallace. Premier League side Wolverhampton Wanderers had also expressed an interest in Wallace, but did not make any offers. On 21 July 2011, a bid of £1.5m from Rangers was accepted by Hearts. Wallace signed a five-year deal with the club, becoming Ally McCoist's second signing of the summer.
Wallace scored his first goal for Rangers on Christmas Eve 2011 in a 2–1 defeat to St Mirren. Four days later he thought he had scored again on his Old Firm debut, but the goal was not given as the officials made a mistake thinking it didn't cross the line. Wallace scored his second goal for the club on 25 March 2012, against Old Firm rivals Celtic, it was the third goal in a 3–2 win for Rangers. In June 2012 along with several other players, Wallace Tupe'd over his contract from The Rangers Football Club plc to The Rangers Football Club Ltd after Charles Green's purchase of the Business & Assets of Rangers Football Club.
Following the liquidation of The Rangers Football Club plc, Wallace was one of the first players to sign for the Rangers Football Club Ltd, who assumed the responsibility of running the business affairs of Rangers.  At the beginning of the 2012–13 season Wallace was appointed Rangers Vice-Captain. On 14 September 2012, Wallace signed a new five-year contract with Rangers. Wallace was sent off during a game against Annan on 18 December 2012, conceding a penalty which was saved by Rangers goalkeeper Neil Alexander. This red card was appealed and rescinded.
Wallace started the first game of the 2013–14 season in a 4–0 win over Albion Rovers in the Ramsdens Challenge Cup. Wallace played in the first league game of the season in a 4–1 win over Brechin City at Ibrox.
Wallace has been the subject of much transfer speculation and both Nottingam Forest and West Ham United have been credited with interest in him. Billy Davies’ Forest made a pair of cash bids for Wallace in a bid to take him to The City Ground to boost their hopes of reaching next season’s English Premier League. But each approach was turned down by chief executive Graham Wallace as the offers were not commensurate with the Light Blues’ valuation of the 26-year-old international.
Wallace played in the first league game of the season against newly relegated Heart of Midlothian. A game that rangers lost.
Alongside team-mate Calum Elliot, Wallace was an integral part of the Scotland U-19 team that reached the final of the 2006 UEFA U-19 Championships before narrowly losing to Spain. He started every match at left back.
He continued to feature for Scotland under manager Craig Levein, and in the Euro 2012 Qualifying match against Liechtenstein, Wallace suffered a serious injury to his posterior cruciate knee ligament.
Following Rangers' demotion to the Scottish Third Division, doubt was cast on Wallace's future international career by Craig Levein. However, on 31 January 2013, Wallace was named in the first squad of newly appointed Scotland manager Gordon Strachan. Wallace was named in the Scotland squad to face Croatia but late pulled out due to injury.
In August 2013, Rangers team mate David Templeton expressed his surprise at the omission of Wallace from the Scotland squad for the special challenge match with England. Manager Ally McCoist urged Wallace to use being overlooked for the international at Wembley as motivation to push into future Scotland squads.
- As of 8 February
|Scotland national team|
In August 2006, Wallace was charged with a firearms offence. Three months later he admitted being in possession of an airgun and was fined £1,500. In May 2009, he was arrested and charged with breach of the peace outside Edinburgh nightclub "Lava & Ignite" after allegedly threatening to shoot the doormen. However, this charge was later dropped and he was fined £1,100 for shouting abuse at the door supervisors and police.
- Scottish Premier League Young Player of the Month: February 2009
- Hearts FC Players' Player of the Year: 2008–09
- Rangers FC Player of the Year: 2013–14
- Rangers FC Players' Player of the Year: 2012–13, 2013–14
- PFA Scotland Third Division Player of the Year: 2012–13
- PFA Scotland Third Division Team of the Year: 2012–13
- PFA Scotland League One Player of the Year: 2013–14
- PFA Scotland League One Team of the Year: 2013–14
- Heartsfc.co.uk Player Profile; Undated
- Kilmarnock 1–3 Hearts BBC Sport, 16 February 2005
- "Wilson fails to impress Brewster". BBC Sport. 17 July 2006.
- "Wallace signs new Hearts contract". BBC Sport. 1 August 2006.
- "Rangers bid for Hearts full-back Lee Wallace". BBC News. Retrieved 23 June 2011.
- "Hearts to offer new contract to Lee Wallace". Telegraph sport (London: www.telegraph.co.uk). 1 July 2011. Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- Jackson, Keith (30 June 2011). "Rangers ditch plan to sign Lee Wallace as Hearts reject £1m bid and demand £3m for Scotland defender". Daily Record (Trinity Mirror). Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Speculation won't affect Wallace". Sky Sports. Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- "Wolves wait on Lee Wallace move". Retrieved 14 July 2011.
- "Rangers seal deals for Lee Wallace & Alejandro Bedoya". BBC Sport. 21 July 2011. Retrieved 21 July 2011.
- "Rangers 0–1 Malmo". BBC Sport. 26 July 2011.
- "Defender Lee Wallace pledges future to Rangers". BBC Sport. 26 June 2012.
- "Rangers: Lee Wallace pens new five-year deal at Ibrox". BBC Sport. 14 September 2012.
- "Rangers 3–0 Annan Athletic". BBC Sport. 18 December 2012.
- http://www.rangers.co.uk/match/match-reports/item/4585-albion-rovers-0-4-rangers-Albion Rovers 0–4 Rangers
- http://www.rangers.co.uk/match/match-reports/item/4759-rangers-4-1-brechin-city-Rangers 4–1 Brechin City
- http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/6126-business-as-usual-Business As Usual
- Hearts Boss hails Wallace Performance in Japan; Edinburgh Evening News 12 October 2009
- Wallace Out for Season; Daily Mail.co.uk 10 September 2010
- "Rangers' Lee Wallace questions future Scotland prospects". BBC Sport. 15 August 2012.
- "Scotland: Rangers left-back Lee Wallace gets call-up". BBC Sport. 31 January 2012.
- http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/3986-wallace-in-scots-squad-Wallace In Scots Squad
- http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/4556-lee-deserved-cap-call-Lee Deserved Cap Call
- http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/4785-react-the-right-way-React The Right Way
- http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/ headlines/item/4959-wallace-gets-scots-call-Wallace Gets Scots Call
- Footballer appears on gun charge BBC News website, 31 August 2006
- Footballer fined over gun charge BBC News, 3 November 2006
- "Hearts ace hit with fine for bust-up and threat to police". Daily Record. 17 October 2009.
- "Player award". Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- Lee Wallace Deserves Rangers Gongs Evening Times. 09-5-2014. Retrieved 12-05-2014.
- Lee Wallace Presented with PFA Award dothebouncy.com. 06-05-2013. Retrieved 11-02-2014.
- In pictures: The PFA Player of the Year nominees Daily Record Scotland. 16-04-2014. Retrieved 16-04-2014.
- Lee Wallace hopes for signings in summer Dailymail. 28-04-2014. Retrieved 28-04-2014.
- PFA Scotland Team of the Year 2013–14 TeamTalk. 18-04-2014. Retrieved 20-04-2014.
- Lee Wallace career statistics at Soccerbase
- Lee Wallace career stats at Soccerway
- Appearances at londonhearts.com
- Scotland U21 stats at Fitbastats
- Rangers F.C. profile
- Lee Wallace at scottishfa.co.uk