Peanut Butter & Co.
Peanut Butter & Co. is a peanut butter brand and sandwich shop in Greenwich Village, New York City that was founded in 1998 by Lee Zalben. Its menu primarily consists of peanut butter sandwiches and other items made with peanut butter. Zalben has stated that he began working with peanut butter due to a childhood love of it.
The company sells a line of peanut butter to supermarkets featuring ten "all natural" flavors and from peanuts grown by farmers in the United States. In 2005 the company published The Peanut Butter & Co. Cookbook, which has numerous recipes for using peanut butter. Several of the company's products have been praised by publications such as Men's Health.
Peanut Butter & Co. was the title sponsor of the Team TWENTY12 women’s pro cycling team for 2011.
- Carter, Sylvia (Sep 8, 1999). "IN THE HOUSE where Lee Zalben". Newsday. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "A LUNCH-BOX STAPLE GOES UPSCALE \ GOURMET PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICHES START AT $5 IN NEW YORK CITY". Philadelphia Enquirer. March 28, 1999. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- Williams, Monte (June 20, 1999). "Paean to Peanut Butter; A Restaurant Gives Lunch Time a Lunch Box Flavor". NY Times. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "PB BY MAIL ORDER, FOR A GROWN-UP LOVE". Miami Herald. October 2, 2003.
- Collier, Brooke (May 24, 2007). "A tough nut to crack". Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- Lippman, Laura (Jan 31, 2000). "Smooth or chunky, hold the crust". The Sun. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- Fabricant, Florence (January 13, 1999). "Fresh Peanut Butter To Spread Around". New York Times. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Eat This, Not That". Rodale Press.
- "Sandwich Paradises". Travel Channel.