Lees River and environs
|Mouth||Mount Hope Bay
|Location||Bristol County, Massachusetts|
|Length||2.9 mi (4.7 km)|
The Lees River or Lee's River, shown on federal maps as the Lee River, is a 2.9-mile-long (4.7 km) tidal river that forms part of the boundary between Swansea and Somerset, Massachusetts. It flows south to drain into Mount Hope Bay.
The first documented local shipyard was established on the river between 1707 and 1712 by Samuel Lee. Today the river is designated as a Class A, "outstanding resource" water.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lee River
- U.S. Geological Survey. National Hydrography Dataset high-resolution flowline data. The National Map, accessed April 1, 2011
- Southeastern Regional Planning & Economic Development District
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development
|This Massachusetts state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|