Left Behind (2014 film)
||This article or section contains close paraphrasing of one or more non-free copyrighted sources. Ideas in this article should be expressed in an original manner. (June 2014)|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Vic Armstrong|
|Produced by||Michael Walker
|Written by||Paul LaLonde
|Based on||Left Behind
by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins
Chad Michael Murray
Lance E. Nichols
|Music by||Jack Lenz|
|Cinematography||Jack N. Green|
|Edited by||Vic Armstrong|
|Stoney Lake Entertainment
|Distributed by||Freestyle Releasing|
|Running time||105 minutes|
Left Behind is an upcoming American apocalyptic thriller film directed by Vic Armstrong and written by Paul LaLonde and John Patus. It is based on the series of novels of same name, written by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, and is a reboot of Left Behind: The Movie. The film is set for an October 3, 2014 release.
Without warning, millions of people around the globe simply vanish. All that remains are their clothes and belongings. The vanishings cause unmanned vehicles to crash and burn. Emergency forces everywhere are devastated. Gridlock, riots and looting overrun the cities. And there is no one to help or provide answers. In an instant, the earth has been plunged into darkness.
Ray Steele, the pilot of a jumbo jet, tries to calm his hysterical passengers who saw loved ones vanish before their eyes. It also means trying to land his damaged plane when every airport is jammed with burning wrecks, all while wishing that he could talk to his family one last time.
Buck Williams, the world-renowned journalist, is trapped at 30,000 feet, and struggles to understand the incomprehensible, the most devastating event in history.
Chloe Steele, Ray’s daughter, tries to find her mother and brother. Lost in a post-apocalyptic landscape, she is forced to head home through a world where despair and rage rule the day.[non-primary source needed]
- Nicolas Cage as Rayford Steele
- Chad Michael Murray as Cameron "Buck" Williams
- Cassi Thomson as Chloe Steele
- Lea Thompson as Irene Steele
- Jordin Sparks as Shasta Carvell
- Nicky Whelan as Hattie Durham
- Lance E. Nichols as Bruce Barnes
- William Ragsdale as Chris Smith
- Martin Klebba as Melvin Weir
- Quinton Aaron as Simon
- Judd Lormand as Jim
- Lolo Jones as Lori
On August 7, 2008, Cloud Ten Pictures announced that it had entered into a settlement agreement resolving the two lawsuits against it and Namesake Entertainment, which co-produced the films. The suit was filed by Tim LaHaye. The settlement ended a legal dispute over the Left Behind film rights that began in 2000.
On October 1, 2010 Cloud Ten Pictures again restored the rights of the film. Cloud Ten Pictures has announced that they are rebooting the Left Behind film series. It was in the news that they have better plans on making the remake of the big-budgeted theatrically released film series based on the novel Left Behind. On October 31, 2011, it was reported by the news that Paul LaLonde and John Patus who worked on the 2005 Left Behind: World at War together, have written a screenplay for the remake disaster film. On October 19, 2012, it was reported in The Hollywood Reporter that the stunt artist Vic Armstrong is set to direct the reboot film with the budget around $15 million.
On October 19, 2012, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Nicolas Cage was in talks to join the cast as a lead actor. He portrays the lead role of Rayford Steele in the film. In December 2012, it was reported that Chad Michael Murray was in talks to join the cast, to play the role of a journalist Cameron "Buck" Williams. On January 3, 2013 Ashley Tisdale joined to play the role of Chloe Steele in the film. In March 2013, Tia Mowry was in talks to join the cast of the film, later she joined. It was announced on August 9 that Ashley Tisdale dropped out due to scheduling conflicts. At that time, it was also announced that Jordin Sparks had signed on to join the cast. Sparks’ character is named Shasta. On August 13, Cassi Thomson joined the lead cast, replacing Tisdale as Chloe Steele. On August 19, 2013, Olympic bobsledder and hurdler Lolo Jones was announced as a cast member, portraying an airport gate attendant. On September 9, 2013, Lea Thompson was announced to portray Rayford Steele's wife, Irene.
The film is set for release on October 3, 2014, in the United States via Stoney Lake Entertainment.
Stoney Lake Entertainment released a teaser trailer for the film on May 30, 2014. According to the movie's official Facebook page, the full trailer was expected to arrive around the end of July. The full-length trailer was released on August 5, 2014.
- "Stunt Icon Vic Armstrong to Direct Nicolas Cage in 'Left Behind'". hollywoodreporter.com. 19 October 2012. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "The Story". http://www.leftbehindmovie.com/. Stoney Lake Entertainment. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- "Nicolas Cage in Talks to Star in 'Left Behind' Reboot". hollywoodreporter.com. 19 October 2012. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Chad Michael Murray In Talks For ‘Left Behind’". deadline.com. 22 December 2012. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Cassi Thomson Replaces Ashley Tisdale in Nicolas Cage Pic ‘Left Behind’". variety.com. August 13, 2013. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "Cloud Ten Pictures announces settlement of legal disputes with Timothy LaHaye, co-author of Left Behind book series". christianfilmnews.com. 7 August 2008. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Cloud Ten Pictures to Remake Left Behind". christiancinema.com. 13 October 2010. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Cloud Ten Plans for Bigger, Better 'Left Behind'". christianpost.com. 24 November 2010. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Faith-Based 'Left Behind' Books Returning to Big Screen". hollywoodreporter.com. 31 October 2011. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Nicolas Cage in talks to star in ‘Left Behind’ reboot". variety.com. 19 October 2012. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Chad Michael Murray Will Be Left Behind". empireonline.com. 22 December 2012. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Ashley Tisdale joins Nicolas Cage movie 'Left Behind'". digitalspy.co.uk. 4 June 2013. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Ashley Tisdale Joins ‘Left Behind’". deadline.com. 3 June 2013. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Has Tia Mowry-Hardrict Landed Major Role In Blockbuster Film Franchise?". elev8.com. 25 March 2013. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Lolo Jones lands role in ‘Left Behind’ movie starring Nicolas Cage". nbcsports.com. August 19, 2013. Retrieved August 20, 2013.
- "Lea Thompson Role". hollywoodreporter.com. September 9, 2013. Retrieved September 9, 2013.
- "Filming in Louisiana: Nicolas Cage's 'Left Behind' prepping in B.R., plus full local production listings". nola.com. July 24, 2013. Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- "Nicolas Cage to shoot movie in BR". theadvocate.com. August 2, 2013. Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- McNary, Dave (28 March 2014). "Nicolas Cage’s ‘Left Behind’ Set for Oct. 3 Release". variety.com. Retrieved 29 March 2014.