Left Front (Russia)
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: grammar. (December 2014)|
|Founded||18 October 2008|
|Seats in the State Duma|
|Politics of Russia
Goals and objectives
The main purpose of the Platform of the Left Front declared the building of socialism in Russia. The task of the Left Front declares ensure unity among all who stand for socialism, democracy and internationalism, and coordination of left-wing opposition forces. Left Front unites now more left-wing organizations; membership in the Left Front does not oblige its members to leave their own organization.
First, Constituent congress of the Left Front was the, held October 18, 2008. The main direction of work after the Congress was using Social movements, unions, labor collectives. The second focus of activists has become a so-called "propaganda of action" in which ideas and demands of leftist activists came to the society in the form of direct action, thus attempting to overcome the difficulties of access to media. In addition, the Left Front was the organizer of the annual summer youth camps, schools, political activists, conferences, study groups for the study of socialist thought and practice, film clubs, concerts and other activities.
Left Front holds a variety of authorized and unauthorized actions, rallies, marches. The most famous of the promotions are meetings under the title "Day of Wrath", the host organization in Moscow and in other regions of the country. In addition, the Left Front, together with its allies conducting (despite the ban on government) action "Anticapitalism", which aims, according to organizers, to show the public presence of political forces, anti-capitalist orientation.
Position against war in Ukraine
Unlike most of the left organisations, Left Front declared the position against the war in the South-East of Ukraine. The fourth congress of the movement took place in Moscow on 23d August 2014. The delegates elected the new executive committee. No supporters of the self-proclaimed republics were elected. The ex-coordinator of the Left Front on organizational work Sergei Udaltsov, supporting «Novorossiya», was select in the executive branch of movement with preponderance only in one voice. Also during congress was accepted resolution under the name «War against war!». Darya Mitina, the former member of the Council of the organization left the orgaization afterwards.
"We need the campaign for peace. Against the bloodshed and the mass selling of blood. This campaign shouldn' be the support of the war in the back areas of the "opponent". Being against the military operation of the Kiev government doesn't mean supporting Putin and Strelkov. Being against Putin doesn't mean supporting Kiev government military operation. Peoples need a campaign for peace against the greedy and cruel politicians and oligarkhs, making profit of the other's grief. " - says the resolution of the congress.
The highest governing body of the Left Front is the Congress. Council of the Left Front carries out the current leadership of the movement, and the Executive committee is an operational working body of the organization.
- Autonomous Action
- Revolutionary Communist Youth League (Bolshevik)
- Russian Communist Workers' Party of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union
- Russian Socialist Movement
- Russian United Labour Front
- Политическая платформа Левого фронта (окончательная редакция)
- E. Savina.non-party opened the "Left Front" ("Kommersant», № 190 / P, 20 October 2008)
- Left organizations in Russia are united in a new movement (« Newsru.com », 18 October 2008)
- In Russia, formed the "Left Front» («Lenta.ru», October 18, 2008)
- A. Ivochkin.Moscow. On the eve of the constituent congress of the Left Front (Novaya Gazeta ", 19 October 2008)
- DocsID = 1010696 To the left of the Communist Party noted the motion (Kommersant - Siberia », № 142, 13 August 2008)
- P. Dobroliubov. Barnaul created regional department of the Left Front " ("PolitSibRu", 13 August 2008)
- left in St. Petersburg, the" front "set up, but choose the leadership and the delegates could not because of ideological differences (Zaks.ru, September 15, 2008)
- in Karelia reappeared "Left Front" ("Zaks.ru", 28 August 2008)
- Left activists Kirov together in the Left Front (Institute "Collective Action", June 8, 2009)
- «Левый фронт» очистил свой исполком от симпатизирующих ДНР соратников (Russian Planet)
- Война войне! Единственное решение – социализм! Резолюция IV съезда Левого фронта 23 августа 2014 г. (Left Front)
- Official website of the Left Front
- Newspaper "Ultimatum"
- Official site of the Rostov branch of the Left Front
- Official Page on Facebook
- Official group on Facebook
- Official account on Twitter
- The Bolshevik Who Thinks ‘The Nation’ Is Too Left Wing - The Daily Beast (interview with the founder of the Left Front of Russia)