Legacies of the Turf
Legacies of the Turf : A Century of Great Thoroughbred Breeders is a biographical book written by Thoroughbred horse racing historian Edward L. Bowen and published by Eclipse Press on November 25, 2003. (ISBN 978-1581501025)
In addition to the twenty chapters on the people and/or specific breeding operations, there is a section titled and devoted to Foundation Mares.
- James R. Keene
- John E. Madden
- August Belmont II
- William Collins Whitney & Harry Payne Whitney
- Arthur B. Hancock, Sr.
- William Woodward, Sr.
- Greentree Stud (Helen Hay Whitney)
- Samuel D. Riddle & Walter M. Jeffords, Sr.
- Col E. R. Bradley
- Hal Price Headley
- Wheatley Stable
- Mereworth Farm
- Joseph E. Widener & George D. Widener, Jr.
- Calumet Farm
- John Hay Whitney & Joan Whitney Payson
- Brookmeade Stable
- Cornelius Vanderbilt Whitney
- Biber-Jacobs Stable
- Alfred G. Vanderbilt II
- Arthur B. Hancock, Jr.
|This article about a non-fiction book related to sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This horse racing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|