|Industry||Legal Document Assistant Services|
|Founder(s)||Brian P. Y. Liu
Brian S. Lee
Edward R. Hartman
|Area served||United States|
|Key people||John Suh, CEO|
LegalZoom.com, Inc. is an online legal documentation service that was founded by Brian P. Y. Liu, Brian S. Lee, Edward R. Hartman, and Robert Shapiro. In addition to providing online document assembly of legal documents, LegalZoom provides a legal education center and articles on the legal aspect of current events.
LegalZoom began offering legal services products to the public on March 12, 2001. Lee, Hartman, and Liu felt that since they were unknowns, they needed to attach someone to the company that people trusted. They came up with a list of potential candidates and decided on Robert Shapiro. Lee got Shapiro's phone number and called him at 10pm believing he would be leaving a voice mail, but Shapiro personally answered the phone and after discussion, liked the concept.
In September 2012 it was announced that LegalZoom had formed a partnership with the United Kingdom-based legal services provider QualitySolicitors, as part of which the companies will jointly offer online legal services in the United Kingdom including company formations and divorce documents.
LegalZoom provides legal document creation services in various common categories including copyrights, DBAs, divorce, immigration, business formation, trusts, wills, name changes, patents, power of attorney, pre-nuptial agreements, real estate leases, trademarks, estate and personal planning. The company also provides a directory of attorneys as a certified California attorney referral service.
- First online dating, then online wedding planning, now this (22 January 2004). USA Today. Last accessed 17 April 2009
- Legal Advice on the Web (23 May 2002). NY Times. Last accessed 17 April 2009.
- "LegalZoom to tie up with QualitySolicitors for British launch". The Lawyer. 20 September 2012. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- LegalZoom.com – official website
- Some Call It eLawyering
- Draft Model Definition of the Practice of Law PDF
- 2005 Louis M. Brown Award Recipients, Meritorious Recognition Recipients and Nominees PDF
- Technology and Defining the Practice of Law Microsoft Word
|This article relating to law in the United States, or its constituent jurisdictions is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an internet company of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|