Legal profession in Puerto Rico
The Legal profession in Puerto Rico it is practiced in both the state level and the federal level.
There are presently four law schools in the island:
- University of Puerto Rico School of Law, established in 1913
- Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico School of Law, established in 1961
- Interamerican University of Puerto Rico School of Law, established in 1961
- Facultad de Derecho Eugenio Maria de Hostos, established in 1995
After completing a Juris Doctor Degree lawyers have to pass the Puerto Rico General Bar Exam in order to practice law. Lawyers that graduated from ABA accredited schools may also practice in Puerto Rico, but they must also take the bar exam.
Until 2010 all lawyers had to be associated to the Puerto Rico Bar Association in order to practice law.
- Judiciary of Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico Tax and Customs Laws
- Law of Puerto Rico
- Internal Revenue Code (Puerto Rico)
- "Enlaces Escuelas de Derecho de Puerto Rico" (in Spanish). Retrieved November 29, 2010.