Facade of San Vicente Ferrer Church in Leganes
Map of Iloilo with Leganes highlighted
|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|Legislative district||2nd district of Iloilo|
|• Mayor||Adolfo E. Jaen|
|• Total||32.20 km2 (12.43 sq mi)|
|• Density||910/km2 (2,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Leganes is a fourth class municipality in the province of Iloilo, Philippines. It is located 11 kilometres (6.8 mi) north of the capital Iloilo City. Like most Philippine towns that sprawl outward from the capital, is made up of houses, farms and light agricultural industry. The major thoroughfare runs right through the center of the town. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 29,438 people.
- M.V. Hechanova (Balagon)
- Cagamutan Norte
- Cagamutan Sur
- Cari Mayor
- Cari Minor
- San Vicente
|Population census of Leganes|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- "Province: Iloilo". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|Pavia||Iloilo City||Iloilo Strait
|This article about a Philippine location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|