Nancy Drew: Legend of the Crystal Skull
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009)|
|Legend of the Crystal Skull|
Legend of the Crystal Skull is the seventeenth installment in the Nancy Drew computer games series created by Her Interactive. Nancy goes to New Orleans with Bess and to check on a friend of Ned's, Henry Bolet, Jr., and becomes entangled in the legend of Crystal Skull.
While in New Orleans on vacation with her good friend Bess, Nancy goes to check up on Ned's friend, Henry Bolet, Jr in his late uncle's mansion. As soon as she arrives, she encounters a couple of interesting and odd characters, and has to stay at the house because of a bad storm. Once she finds out that Henry Bolet is less than stable after his uncle's death, and there are seemingly sinister things going on in the house, Nancy becomes entangled in a mystery. There are multiple places to explore and visit, including a graveyard on the grounds of the mansion, a bizarre oddities shop, and a gumbo stand. Nancy and Bess work together in order to untangle the mystery of the Crystal Skull.
The player can question suspects face-to-face or by the phone, solve puzzles crucial to the game, explore locations such as a curio shop and mansion, and try to distinguish the murder weapon.
- Bess Marvin – One of Nancy's best friends, fun-loving Bess has always been helping Nancy solve mysteries. However, Bess's intentions for the trip were to relax in the sun. Instead, she winds up working with Nancy.
- Henry Bolet, Jr. – Henry's parents died while he was young and he was sent to live with his great-uncle Bruno. Bruno never spent much time with Henry, but he left him a sizable portion of his estate. Could emotional and cunning Henry have schemed to control his last living relative's assets and secrets?
- Renée Amande – Renee Amande WAS the housekeeper for Bruno Bolet. Since she spent so much time in his presence, she also knows a lot of his secrets - dark secrets he didn't want anyone to know, but others would have killed to discover. Would she have resorted to murder just to possess a mystical skull?
- Lamont Warrick – Lamont Warrick is the proud owner of Zeke's, a colorful curio shop crammed with unusual and eclectic merchandise. He's always looking for treasure amongst another person's junk - it's a great way to make a quick buck. There are a few precious items that are authentic antiques, priceless pieces he likes to procure. A crystal skull would attract a lot of buyers - and a lot of money...
- Dr. Gilbert Buford – Dr. Gilbert Buford found the unconscious body of his friend, Bruno Bolet and declared that no autopsy was necessary. As Bruno's confidant, he knew that Bruno owned a mystical artifact believed gave him immortality. In his old age, Gilbert certainly could use a crystal skull to improve his own chances of cheating death...
- Bruno Bolet - The deceased owner of Bolet Mansion. He seemingly died of heart attack, but is his death natural or was he murdered?
- Professor Beatrice Hotchkiss – Also a suspect from Treasure in the Royal Tower, it seems the "nutty professor" published a lot more than "Lost Diary of Marie Antoinette" since the end of the 4th Nancy Drew game. She mistakes Nancy for a girl who was eating cheese at a cheese factory in Wisconsin. You can only call her in this game. She was an old friend of Bruno's.
- Iggy – Was once Bruno Bolet's pet iguana. He still lives in the mansion and is notorious for knocking books off the shelves while moving and stealing random papers. If you give him something to eat he will give you a paper that may help solve the mystery.
- Bernie – A crocodile that lives in a bayou near the mansion, he is another of Bruno's pets and loves to eat marshmallows.
- Chas Milo the Authenticator - Milo authenticated Bruno Bolet's crystal skull to see if it's real or fake.
- Nancy Drew -- Lani Minella
- Henry Bolet Jr. -- K. Brian Neel
- Bess Marvin -- Jennifer Pratt
- Renée Amande -- Walayn Sharples
- Ned Nickerson -- Scott Carty
- Lamont Warrick -- Jason Sharp
- Gilbert Buford -- Keith Dahlgren
- Professor Beatrice Hotchkiss -- Keri Healey
- Authenticator/Additional Voices -- Scot Kirk
- Additional Voices -- Leslie Wadsworth
IGN awarded 7.5 out of 10, highlighting the detailed environments, well-modeled characters and good voice acting, with interesting but hard puzzles. However, the movement system (clicking on arrows) and jerky turning animation was criticized, and it was not rated highly for lasting appeal.
- Legend of the Crystal Skull by Her Interactive.
- Nancy Drew: Legend of the Crystal Skull by GameHouse
- Emily Balistrieri. "Nancy Drew: Legend of the Crystal Skull Review". IGN. Retrieved 2009-01-16.
White Wolf of Icicle Creek
|Nancy Drew Computer Games||Succeeded by
The Phantom of Venice