Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return
|Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Will Finn
Dan St. Pierre
|Produced by||Roland Carroll
|Screenplay by||Adam Balsam
|Based on||Dorothy of Oz
by Roger Stanton Baum
|Music by||Toby Chu|
|Editing by||Dan Molina
|Distributed by||Clarius Entertainment|
Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return (originally titled Dorothy of Oz) is a 2014 American 3D computer-animated musical film based on The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum, and Dorothy of Oz by his great-grandson, Roger Stanton Baum. It is being produced by Summertime Entertainment, the family entertainment division of Alpine Pictures, and directed by Daniel St. Pierre and Will Finn. The film was first shown at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival in France on June 14, 2013 and is scheduled to be released in a minimum of 3,000 theaters in the United States and Canada on May 9, 2014.
Dorothy Gale (Lea Michele) returns to Kansas to find it devastated. Dorothy then finds a new way to get back to the Land of Oz only to discover that her old friends the Scarecrow (Dan Aykroyd), Tin Man (Kelsey Grammer), Cowardly Lion (Jim Belushi) and the entire Land of Oz are all in grave danger. On Dorothy's new journey through Oz, she meets new friends like a marshmallow man named Marshal Mallow (Hugh Dancy), a china doll princess (Megan Hilty), an ancient tree-turned-tugboat named Tugg (Patrick Stewart), and a large owl named Wiser (Oliver Platt). With the help of her new friends, they band together against a wicked Jester (Martin Short) who wants to control Oz by turning important people into marionettes.
- Lea Michele as Dorothy Gale
- Martin Short as The Jester
- Dan Aykroyd as The Scarecrow
- Kelsey Grammer as The Tin Man
- Jim Belushi as The Cowardly Lion
- Bernadette Peters as Glinda the Good Witch
- Megan Hilty as China Princess
- Hugh Dancy as Marshal Mallow
- Oliver Platt as Wiser the Owl
- Patrick Stewart as Tugg
- McNary, Dave (March 12, 2013). "3D Toon ‘Legends of Oz’ Sets 2014 Release (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
- "Toby Chu Scoring ‘Dorothy of Oz’". Film Music Reporter. May 22, 2012. Retrieved May 29, 2012.
- "Summertime Entertainment Official Site". September 24, 2013.
- Amidi, Amid (March 13, 2013). ""Legends of Oz" Set for 2014 Release". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
- Mcnary, Dave (June 11, 2010). "Lea Michele heads to 'Oz'". Variety. Retrieved August 7, 2012.
- Wolfe, Jennifer (June 4, 2013). "Annecy Festival Unveils 2013 Feature Film Lineup". Animation World Network. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- Rama (May 7, 2013). "3D Animated Movie, LEGENDS OF OZ: DOROTHY’S RETURN, Voice Starring Lea Michele, Opens May 9, 2014 And It’s Coming To Cannes". Rama's Screen. Retrieved May 12, 2013.
- Mcnary, Dave (April 30, 2012). "Bernadette Peters joins 'Dorothy of Oz'". Variety. Retrieved August 7, 2012.
- The Analyst (November 30, 2013). "Huge SpaceCast Guest! - Follow The Yellow Brick Road". Beware the Spaceman. Retrieved December 7, 2013.