||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: template mess, requires expansion, inadequate summary, incomplete sections, needs new talk page (separate from Legia (football) talk page. (August 2014)|
|Full name||Legia Warszawa SA|
Legioniści ("Legionnaires", "Legionarries")
|Founded||March 1916 as Drużyna Sportowa Legia|
|Ground||Polish Army Stadium (Pepsi Arena),
3 Łazienkowska Street, Warsaw
|Departments of Legia Warsaw|
|RC Legia Warszawa|
|Legia Warszawa (speedway)|
The "Legia" had several teams in many sports:
- For the football club, see KP Legia Warszawa.
- For the ice hockey club, see KH Legia Warszawa.
- For the men's basketball club, see SK Legia Warszawa.
- For the men's rugby team see RC Legia Warszawa
- There is also a kickboxing team, Kickboxing Legia Warszawa
- For the defunct speedway section see Legia Warszawa (speedway)
Legia was formed between 5 and 15 March 1916 during military operations in World War I on the Eastern Front in the neighborhood of Maniewicze in Volhynia, as the main football club of the Polish Legions. The team had started its first training earlier in the spring of 1915, in the city of Piotrków Trybunalski. In July 1916, due to the Brusilov Offensive, Legia permanently moved to the capital city of Warsaw.