|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
|Available in||English, Dutch, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Spanish, French, Czech, Italian, Hungarian, Polish, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Russian, Finnish|
|Owner||The Lego Group|
|1,533 (April 2014[update])|
Lego.com (officially referred to as LEGO.com) is the official website of the LEGO Group and Lego brand toys. The Lego website has developed over the years, and aims to provide many extra services for fans, as well as being simply a shop and product catalog. In 2011 Lego.com won the Webby Award for Best Welcome/Home Page.
Lego.com began in 1996, as a small site with an online shop, one game, and pages about current products. A huge milestone came in 2001, when the moderated Lego.com Message Boards were introduced. In 2005, these Message Boards were updated and were given a new look. In 2007, the whole site was updated, giving the home page a new layout, and changing "Club" to "Play". Another large update came in May 2008, when My Lego Network was introduced. In 2009, the Lego Account became Lego ID. Soon the site was updated again in 2010 changing "Play" to "Games" and adding create and share to the front page. In 2012, the Lego.com Message Boards were updated again to the current version.
The Products page provides links to each of Lego's theme's web pages. The current Lego themes that are represented on the Lego.com products page are:
|City||Star Wars||Friends||Duplo||Video Games|
|Ninjago||Marvel Superheros||DC Superheros||Lord of the Rings||Master Builder Academy|
|Monster Fighters||Dino||Hero Factory||Heroica||Architecture|
|Alien Conquest||Technic||Kingdoms||Lego Games||Lifestyle|
|Lego Cars 2||Pharaoh's Quest||Minifigures||Bricks and More||Creator|
|Lego Juniors||Pirates of the Caribbean||Racers||Mindstorms NXT 2.0||Power Functions|
|Atlantis||Life of George||Mixels||Lego Legends of Chima||SpongeBob SquarePants|
Lego Universe is a massively multiplayer online game developed by NetDevil. It was released in October 2010. Its release has been delayed from original estimates of 2009, late November 2008, and mid-2008. This is the first Lego computer game sold in which players can connect and play online. It closed on January 30, 2012 due to the lack of users in their target group 
Play began as CLUB in the year 2001, with few games and the then small Message Boards. These Message Boards are fully moderated by real people. In 2005, they were updated, and in 2012, they were updated to the current form. In 2007, the name was changed to Play. There is also a Games section, a Downloads section, a Comics and Movies Section, and a Club Section containing news, movies, and building tips.
My Lego Network
My Lego Network (often just abbreviated MLN) is a child-oriented social networking site that has replaced Lego Club pages. A member creates a public page with preset modules, customizing layout and colors. Some modules produce items, which can be sent to "Networkers" (Non-player characters) to move up in the ranks (0 - 10). The website also has a built in inbox that contains prewritten messages that can be sent to friends also on MLN as well as Networkers.
Each rank in My Lego Network has a specific Networker theme associated with it, as well as a final "Masterpiece" that allows players to move on to the next rank and befriend new Networkers. Ranks become progressively more challenging as players move on.
|2||Bees||Royal Hive Queen|
|3||Middle Ages Mythology||Giant's Hat|
|5||Dinosaurs / Exploration||Jeweled Triceratops|
|8||Native Americans||Brickota Totem Pole|
|9||Medieval Knights||Tower of Many Shields|
|10||Lego Space||Intergalactic Cruiser|
My Lego Network consists of many networkers each with their own purpose. There are different types of networkers.
This helps players advance through the ranks.
Mini rank networkers
Help advance through mini ranks. For completing a mini rank players usually earn a badge.
Hidden networkers usually can help advance through the ranks easily. When befriended they do not show up on friend lists.
Formerly secret/other networkers
Usually to do with mini ranks.
The Lego Shop on the website is the official shop for Lego brand products. Users can buy Lego sets, as well as individual pieces.
- Lego.com, the official Lego website.
- LegoUniverse.com, the official Lego Universe website.
- MLN.Lego.com, the My Lego Network homepage.
- My Lego Network Blog, for Lego-related news.
- Lego.com Message Boards, The official Moderated Message Boards for the site.
- "Lego.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Eddy, Max (May 3, 2011). "2011 Webby Award Winners Announced". Geekosystem. Retrieved January 7, 2013.
- Lego Products Page
- "A Visit to NetDevil". Kotaku.com. 2008-09-29. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- "The Lego Group announces Lego Universe as official title for branded MMOG". Lego.com. 2007-06-07. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- "Lego MMO Screens and Info". Loot-ninja.com. 2007-06-01. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- "Game Closing Questions". LEGO.com. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- Augustine, Josh (2011-10-04). "Why LEGO Universe is shutting down in January, and why it deserves a second chance". PC Gamer. Retrieved 2013-04-10.
- Pwyff. "LEGO Universe to close in 2012". Zam. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- MLN Getting Started
- Ceceri, Kathy (May 19, 2008). "My Lego Network is the Cool New Online Hangout for Kids". Wired.com. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- MLN Masterpieces