|Directed by||Jerrold Freedman|
|Music by||Lee Holdridge|
|Edited by||Anthony Redman|
|The Catalina Production Group|
|Distributed by||American Broadcasting Company|
|Running time||120 minutes|
Legs is a 1983 television musical drama film starring Shanna Reed, Deborah Geffner, Lawrence Leritz, David Marshall Grant, Maureen Teefy, and Gwen Verdon. It was directed by Jerrold Freedman and written by Freedman and Brian Garfield. The film was retitled Rockettes for its UK video release.
This film was Gwen Verdon's television film debut and using the talents of the 1982 Rockettes was partially filmed on stage at Radio City Music Hall. The film had several public screenings there prior to its television release.
The film follows three women, Lisa (Shanna Reed), Terry (Deborah Geffner), and Melissa (Maureen Teefy), who are auditioning in front of chroegrapher Maureen Comly (Gwen Verdon) hoping to fill the one open spot in the chorus line of the famous US precision dance company, The Radio City Music Hall Rockettes.
- Shanna Reed as Lisa Norwood
- Deborah Geffner as Terry Riga
- Maureen Teefy as Melissa Rizzo
- Gwen Verdon as Maureen Comly
- David Marshall Grant as Sid Lewis
- John Heard as Dan Foster
- Sheree North as Ida
- Eileen Collins as Barbara
- Marilyn Cooper as Rita
- Lawrence L. Leritz as Radio City Music Hall New Yorker
- Ron Karabatsos as Mr. Rizzo
- Barton Heyman as Larry Clark
- Margery Nelson as Aunt Agnes
- Mace Barrett as Bob Schaeffer
- Jonathan Stockley as John
- Vera Lockwood as Mrs. Rizzo
- Carol Harbich as Paula
- Ethyl Will as Ethyl
- Robert King as Freddie Tayler
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (May 2014)|
- Fred Rothenberg, Associated Press (May 2, 1983). "ABC Salutes Ladies in the Line". Observer-Reporter. Retrieved April 24, 2014.
- Jerry Buck, Associated Press (May 2, 1983). "Sheree North Stars in 'Legs' Monday on ABC". The Lewiston Daily Sun. Retrieved April 24, 2014.
- Sherwood, Rick (August 30, 1984). "'Legs', ABC at 8 PM". Star-News. Retrieved April 24, 2014.
- Wire Service Reports (April 29, 1983). "She will be Right at Home in 'Legs'". Eugene Register-Guard. Retrieved April 24, 2014.
- staff. "Legs (1983), Overview". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved April 24, 2014.