|Anthony "Lehmo" Lehmann|
Lehmo holding the clapperboard during filming of the movie Offside
20 August 1969 |
Anthony "Lehmo" Lehmann (born 20 August 1969) is an Australian comedian, radio personality, television personality and movie actor. He is probably best known as co-hosting Before the Game for Channel Ten, and co-hosting Triple M's drive time show with Wil Anderson. In 2010, Lehmann joined Brigitte Duclos on Mix 1011 presenting Mix Mornings where he replaced Tom Gleeson. In 2012, Duclos and Lehmann moved to Gold 104.3 to present Brig & Lehmo for Breakfast.
||This biographical article is written like a résumé. (September 2012)|
Lehmo started out working as a chartered accountant before becoming a comedian.
He has also performed sell out seasons at the Adelaide Fringe Festival (2000, 2002 and 2004), the Melbourne International Comedy Festival (1999, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005) and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival (1996 and 1997).
His live credits in the UK include the 1996 and 1997 Edinburgh Fringe Festivals, The Comedy Store, London and Jongleurs – the largest chain of comedy clubs in Britain. Lehmo has also performed regular gigs at the Boston Comedy Club and Gotham Comedy Club, both in New York City.
Overseas demand for Lehmo has seen him appear on England's BBC TV Comedy Showcase and as a regular compere on Britain's longest-running television stand up show Stand up Live. Lehmo also played himself in a series of ads for XXXX beer which were shot in India and screened in the UK.
In April 2014, the record was reassigned back to Tim Vine following a decision from Guinness World Record officials. An official spokesman said that Anthony Lehmann had breached the guidelines.
He had been the host of the breakfast show on SAFM with Milly.
In December 2011, it was announced that Lehmann and Duclos would move to present Brig & Lehmo for Breakfast on Gold 104.3 replacing Grubby & Dee Dee.
Lehmo is a co-host of Before The Game. He works alongside Dave Hughes, Neroli Meadows, Andy Maher and Mick Molloy. He used to work with Peter Helliar, Sam Lane and Anthony Hudson. He has his own segment on the show, called Lehmo's Footy Clinic. The show is based on AFL, and Lehmo has stated that he is a die-hard supporter of the Hawthorn Football Club. Other television appearances include Rove Live, The Glass House and Neighbours.
More recently, Lehmo has appeared on news chat show The Project, acting as the main replacement for Dave Hughes on Friday nights and while he is on holidays. He also stars in the comedy series Utopia.
In 2009 Lehmo played a cameo role in the Australian movie Offside. He appears as the character 'Leechy', a former Junior Socceroo, a soccer star – a role he says is not at odds with his public identity as an active supporter of Aussie Rules football club Hawthorn.
In order to play the role of Leechy, Lehmo flew to Adelaide for six hours on 6 February 2008. Once shooting was completed, he broadcast his afternoon drive-time radio show from a sister Adelaide radio station, before flying back to Sydney.
In 2007, he was the face of the advertising campaigns for the Australian International Motor Show held in Sydney. He is also the face of adverts for the new Vegemite spread iSnack 2.0 which commenced airing on 21 September 2009 and during the AFL Grand Final broadcast.
- "Comedy career adds up for Lehmo". Sydney Morning Herald. 28 January 2010. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- Lehmo in East Timor#2 Department of Defence, 23 December 2008
- Lehmo in East Timor #1 Australian Forces Entertainment, 17–22 December 2009
- Lehmo in Baghdad Christmas in Baghdad, 2006
- Lehmo in Afghanistan Department of Defence, 31 March 2009
- ICMI – XXXX beer ads
- The Comedy Club – XXXX beer ads
- Comedian Attempts to Break Joke Record – Comedy Central Insider, 2 March 2009
- Guinness Book of Records account
- Tim Vine retakes most jokes in an hour record – Chortle, 4 April 2014
- "Comic's turn on Neighbours". Holy Soap. Channel Five. 14 April 2010. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- IMDb – Lehmo
- IMDb – Offside
- Young Socceroos qualify for World Cup
- Working with Carlo Petraccaro on a new script
- Official site
- Lehmo on Twitter
- Lehmo on Myspace
- An Adelaide boy weighs in on Sydney VS Melbourne
- Before the Game
- Comedy Career adds up for Lehmo
- Hawthorn Membership Campaign
- Lehmo can't say 'no'.
- Lehmo's Comedy CV
- Lehmo goes to a wedding
- Lehmo faces the Redbacks
- Lehmo at Hawthorn Football Club
- Lehmo at the Sit Down Comedy Club
- Lehmo at the Sydney Cricket Ground
- Losing to England – "the deepest cut of all"
- VideoSurf – Lehmo's Most Popular Videos