Leibniz Institute for Psychology Information
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (January 2015)|
The Leibniz Institute for Psychology Information and Documentation (German: Leibniz-Zentrum für Psychologische Information und Dokumentation (ZPID) ) is a supraregional expert information center located in Trier, Germany and belongs to the Leibniz Association. Its main function is to document scientific literature published in the German-speaking world in terms of the subject Psychology. Another major task is to convey this literature Germany-wide and international.
The first idea of founding an psychological expert information center came up in 1963. Seven years later, in 1970, the German society for Psychology (German: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Psychologie) finally decided to establish the center. The official foundation was in 1971 by Professor Dr. Günther Reinert at the University of Trier. Initially founded as a project, the ZPID got the status of a central scientific institution at the University of Trier in 1988. Directors:
- 1972 - 1979: Professor Dr. Günther Reinert
- 1979 - 2003: Professor Dr. Leo Montada
- since 2004: Professor Dr. Günter Krampen
The ZPID is funded by the Federal Ministry of Health (Germany) and by the sixteen German states.
Products and Services
The main product of the ZPID is the database “PSYNDEX”  including the segments “PSYNDEX Literatur & AV” (PSYNDEX literature and audiovisual media) and “PSYNDEX Tests”. PSYNDEX is a database for psychology, which contains over 250.000 references (May 2012) of the German-speaking world (Germany, Austria, Switzerland). Journal articles, books, essays from miscellanies, dissertations, audiovisual media and tests are getting indexed. Other products and services are among other things:
- PsychSpider: Psychology search engine
- PubPsych: International Psychology information retrieval system 
- PsychOpen: European Open-Access Publishing Platform for Psychology
- PsychData: Primary Data archive
- PsychLinker: Link catalogue
- PSYNDEX Terms: German Translation of the “Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms” of the American Psychological Association (APA)
- PsychAuthors: Database containing biographical and bibliographical profiles of psychological authors.
- The information in this article is based on that in its German equivalent.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Leibniz-Gemeinschaft.|