The Oude Rijn passing by Leiderdorp
Location in South Holland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Laila Driessen-Jansen (VVD)|
|• Total||12.28 km2 (4.74 sq mi)|
|• Land||11.55 km2 (4.46 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.73 km2 (0.28 sq mi)|
|Elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|Population (May 2014)|
|• Density||2,319/km2 (6,010/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
The municipality covers an area of 12.28 km2 (4.74 sq mi) of which 0.73 km2 (0.28 sq mi) is water. Leiderdorp has now become a suburb of the city of Leiden, although the Oude Rijn (Old Rhine) river and the Zijl river separate the two. The HSL-Zuid high-speed rail line between Amsterdam and Brussels crosses Leiderdorp in a tunnel.
It is one of the oldest towns in Zuid Holland province and was a base for the Spanish army in the Eighty Years' War.
- Armin van Buuren, born December 25, 1976, lived in Leiderdorp, trance music producer and DJ.
- Carice van Houten, born September 5, 1976, lived in Leiderdorp, stage and film actress.
- Dennis Leeflang, born May 22, 1979, born in Leiderdorp, lived in Leiderdorp, drummer and music producer.
- Daphne Groeneveld, born December 24, 1994, born in Leiderdorp, model.
- Regina Bruins, born October 7, 1986, lives in Leiderdorp, professional cyclist.
- Thomas Azier, born 14 August 1987, born in Leiderdorp, electro-pop singer and musician.
Listed farm in spring
- "College van Burgemeester en Wethouders" [Board of mayor and aldermen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Leiderdorp. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 2351DZ". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Leiderdorp.|
- Official website (Dutch)
||Teylingen||Kaag en Braassem|
|Leiden / Zijl, Oude Rijn|
|Alphen aan den Rijn|