Leigh Ann Robinson
|Full name||Leigh Ann Robinson|
|Date of birth||August 17, 1986|
|Place of birth||Poway, California, United States|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|FC Kansas City|
|2004–2007||San Diego Toreros|
|2007||San Diego Sunwaves||11||(4)|
|2009||FC Gold Pride||18||(1)|
|2013–||FC Kansas City||45||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of July 20, 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Leigh Ann Robinson (born August 17, 1986) is an American soccer defender who currently plays for FC Kansas City of the National Women's Soccer League. She previously played for FC Gold Pride, Atlanta Beat, and the Philadelphia Independence of the Women's Professional Soccer (WPS).
Born in Poway, California, Robinson attended Mt. Carmel High School where she led her team to two league championships and two second place finishes. As a freshman, she was named Second Team Palomar League while winning the CIF San Diego section championship. She was named Second Team North County and First Team Palomar League during her sophomore year and earned All-North County and First Team Avocado League honors her junior and senior seasons. She also played for the 2003 National Champion and 2001 Regional Finalist San Diego Surf teams.
University of San Diego
Robinson attended the University of San Diego where she played for the Toreros from 2004 to 2007. During her freshman season, she started 17 games. She was named second-team All-WCC her sophomore season before being named to the first-team the subsequent two seasons. After her senior season, she earned a fourth-team All-American selection by Soccerbuzz Magazine. Robinson played in 75 of the team's 81 games throughout her career at San Diego.
FC Gold Pride
Robinson was selected by FC Gold Pride during the sixth round (40th overall) of the 2009 WPS Draft for the inaugural season of the WPS. At the end of the season, Robinson was deemed surplus to requirements by Albertin Montoya and was subsequently chosen by Atlanta Beat as the first overall choice in the 2009 WPS Expansion Draft.
Robinson signed with the Atlanta Beat after being selected first overall in the 2009 WPS Expansion Draft in preparation for the 2010 season. She made 24 appearances for the Beat with 21 starts playing for a total of 1,972 minutes.
In 2011, Robinson played for the Philadelphia Independence. She started in all 19 of her appearances and played a total of 1,740 minutes. She re-signed with the Independence for the 2012 season; however the WPS suspended operations before the season began.
FC Kansas City
In February 2013, Robinson signed with FC Kansas City for the inaugural season of the NWSL. During the team's first defeat in regular season play, Robinson provided the assist on Kansas City's lone goal against the Western New York Flash.
Honors and awards
with FC Kansas City:
- "Leigh Ann Robinson player profile". University of San Diego. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "Leigh Ann Robinson". FC Kansas City. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "Pride Loses Robinson In WPS Expansion Draft". FC Gold Pride. 15 September 2009. Retrieved 15 September 2009.
- "Leigh Ann Robinson". SoccerWay. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "WPS folds after three seasons". ESPN. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "FC Kansas City Reaches Agreement with Two More Star Players". Our Sports Central. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "FC Kansas City Suffers First Defeat". FC Kansas City. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- Manzari, Megan. "Wambach double hands FC Kansas City first loss". Equalizer Soccer. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "FC Kansas City Earns 2014 NWSL Championship". FC Kansas City. August 31, 2014. Retrieved 12 November 2014.
- Atlanta Beat player profile
- San Diego Toreros player profile
- FC Kansas City player profile
- Leigh Ann Robinson on Twitter