|This article is outdated. (November 2012)|
|Born||Megan Leigh Arnold
17 October 1979 (age 33)
Leigh Arnold (born Megan Leigh Arnold on 17 October 1979) is an Irish actress. A native of Foxrock, County Dublin, Arnold is known for her role of Dr Cloadagh Delaney in the Irish TV series The Clinic.
In 2001, she was accepted to the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York.
Film and TV
Arnold landed the role of Dr Clodagh Delaney on the Irish TV series The Clinic, a multi award-winning drama for RTÉ. There were seven series from 2003-2009, to critical acclaim and she was nominated for Best Supporting Actress at the Irish Film and Television Awards.
Arnold finished filming her first feature film Charlie Casanova, written and directed by Terry McMahon, and due out in the summer of 2011.
Arnold's theatre experience in Ireland includes Gerry Stenbridges' he Grown Up’s, at the Peacock Theatre, Helen of Troy in Michael Scotts Trojan Women, The Vagina Monologues, My First Time and, in 2010, the role of Mina in Michael Scotts Dracula at the Tivoli Theatre.
Arnold combines her acting work with charity work and from 2009-2011 was an Ambassador for UNICEF Ireland. She has also spent time in South Africa with the Niall Mellon Foundation rebuilding the Townships outside Cape Town. In 2009, Arnold hosted a rock concert for the foundation with which she continues to work.
Gosh Cosmetics (2010) Face of Gosh - Lady Gosh
Arnold has had two sons with Steve Davies: Hunter born in 2012 and Flynn born in 2013. Their wedding was postponed from 2013 to 2014 after Flynn's sudden infant death aged 2 weeks. Arnold had previously dated Marcus Sweeney, an entrepreneur and former fiancé of Katy French.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (November 2010)|
- Irish Film and Television Awards (2007) Nomination - Best Supporting Actress
- Social and Personal (2008) Nomination - Sexiest Legs in Ireland
- VIP Style Awards (2008) Nomination - Best Dressed Woman in Ireland
- VIP Style Awards (2009) Nomination - Most Stylist Woman
|Year||Title||Role||Production company/TV station||Notes|
|2003–2009||The Clinic||Dr. Cloadagh Delaney||RTÉ||7 series|
|2010||The Daily Show||Herself||RTÉ||1 episode|
- "Celia (59) is cream of the Celebrity Salon crop as she brushes off younger rivals". Evening Herald. 24 June 2010. Retrieved 31 July 2010. "Competing against celebs including Pippa O'Connor, Leigh Arnold and Brian Dowling, Celia had to learn all the tricky skills of the beauty trade including waxing, fake tanning and make-up application"
- "What You Can Do To Help Unicef". Irish Independent. 12 December 2009.
- Malone, Eimear (8 February 2014). "Leigh Arnold tells of her devastating year after the death of her baby". Irish Independent. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
- "Leigh Arnold confirms pregnancy". RTÉ Ten. 10 November 2011.
- "Clinic star Arnold splits from boyfriend", RTÉ Ten, 2 September 2009