||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the German Wikipedia. (February 2009)|
|• Mayor||Roland Klenk (CDU)|
|• Total||29.90 km2 (11.54 sq mi)|
|Elevation||432 m (1,417 ft)|
|• Density||1,200/km2 (3,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Leinfelden-Echterdingen is a town in the district of Esslingen, in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. It is located approximately 10 km south of Stuttgart, near the Stuttgart Airport and directly adjacent to the newly built Stuttgart Trade Fair. It was formed on January 1, 1975 by the merging of four towns - Leinfelden, Echterdingen, Stetten and Musberg.
Leinfelden-Echterdingen is twinned with:
- Manosque (France), since 1973
- Poltava (Ukraine), since 1988
- York, Pennsylvania (USA), since 1989
- Voghera (Italy), since 2000
- "Gemeinden in Deutschland mit Bevölkerung am 31.12.2012 (Einwohnerzahlen auf Grundlage des Zensus 2011)". Statistisches Bundesamt (in German). 12 November 2013.
|This Esslingen district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|