From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2014)|
Founded in 1888, Leitner formed Leitner Group in a reorganization in 2003. As of 2012, the group employs 3,320 people.
The businesses owned and managed by the group are:
- Leitner Ropeways. This company makes suspended cable cars, incline lifts, chairways, ropeways, and ski lifts. Its equipment runs Sjusjøen, Beitostølen in Norway; Romme Alpin in Sweden; and certain lifts in Méribel, Courchevel, and St. Martin de Belleville in France; and Verbier, Switzerland. The company's cable car system links Tung Chung in Hong Kong’s with Ngong Ping, the Ngong Ping 360.
- Prinoth manufacturers snow groomers for use at ski and recreational areas, and all-terrain vehicles after taking over the Utility Vehicles Division of Bombardier from Camoplast
- MiniMetro designs and builds light-rail urban transit systems. The company installed one of its systems to provide light rail service to the city of Perugia, the Minimetrò.
- Snowstar manufactures snow-making systems.
- Leitwind creates wind power systems.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Leitwind.|
|This transport corporation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|