Lemon Tree Passage, New South Wales
|Lemon Tree Passage
New South Wales
|• Density||796/km2 (2,060/sq mi) [Note 1]|
|Area||3.2 km2 (1.2 sq mi)[Note 2]|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10)|
|• Summer (DST)||AEDT (UTC+11)|
|LGA(s)||Port Stephens Council|
|State electorate(s)||Port Stephens|
Lemon Tree Passage is a suburb of the Port Stephens local government area in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia, located at the end of the Tilligerry Peninsula and surrounded by the waters of Port Stephens. At the 2011 census it had a population of 2,547. It is a haven for koalas due to it being densely wooded. The town has a small marina and the local industry is oyster farming.
- This is the average density of the whole suburb. However, approximately 1.8 square kilometres (0.7 sq mi) (56%) of the suburb is uninhabited. The average population density for the inhabited portion of the suburb is higher at 1,415 inhabitants per square kilometre (3,660 /sq mi).
- Area calculation is based on 1:100000 map 9232 Newcastle. The area presented is that of the whole suburb. The residential portion of the suburb is only 1.4 square kilometres (0.5 sq mi) or 44% of the total area.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Lemon Tree Passage (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "Lemon Tree Passage (suburb)". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 27 May 2008.
- "Nelson Bay (Nelson Head)". Climate statistics for Australian locations. Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 2 June 2008.
- "Suburb Search - Local Council Boundaries - Hunter (HT)". New South Wales Division of Local Government. Retrieved 27 May 2008.
- "Lemon Tree Passage". Land and Property Management Authority - Spatial Information eXchange. New South Wales Land and Property Information. Retrieved 27 May 2008.
- "Lemon Tree Passage (passage)". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 27 May 2008.
|This Port Stephens Council geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|