||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (November 2012)|
|Studio album by Therion|
|Released||24 May 2004|
|Language||English & German|
Digipack: NB 1295-0
|Producer||Lars Nissen, Therion|
Lemuria is the eleventh full-length musical album by symphonic metal band Therion. The album title refers to the name of a supposed sunken continent Lemuria, much like Atlantis. It was released simultaneously with Sirius B. Cover artwork was made by Thomas Ewerhard.
Track listing 
- "Typhon" – 4:36
- "Uthark Runa" – 4:41
- "Three Ships of Berik, Part 1: Calling to Arms and Fighting the Battle" – 3:19
- "Three Ships of Berik, Part 2: Victory!" – 0:44
- "Lemuria" – 4:15 sample (help·info)
- "Quetzalcoatl" – 3:47
- "The Dreams of Swedenborg" – 4:58
- "An Arrow from the Sun" – 5:54
- "Abraxas" – 5:21
- "Feuer Overtüre/Prometheus Entfesselt" – 4:39
Concept of lyrics 
- Typhon was a monster in Greek mythology. According to Aeschylus, he fought all the gods of Olympus: Zeus defeated him and chained him under Mount Etna, from where his rage creates eruptions.
- The Futhark System was used by runic mages.
- Berik is the mythological chief of all Gothic tribes: according to Jordanes, he departed from his Scandinavian motherland with three ships. The crews of the ships were the ancestors of the three Goth tribes.
- Lemuria is a lost continent, like Atlantis.
- Quetzalcoatl is an Aztec deity.
- Emanuel Swedenborg was a famous 18th century occultist.
- Abraxas is a Gnostic word of great importance.
- Christofer Johnsson - lead vocals ("Typhon", "Three Ships of Berik part 1: Calling to Arms and Fighting the Battle"), rhythm guitar, keyboards ("An Arrow from the Sun", "Feuer Overtūre / Prometheus Entfesselt"), classical and choir arrangements
- Kristian Niemann - lead guitar, acoustic guitar
- Johan Niemann - bass guitar
Guest musicians 
- Steen Rasmussen - mellotron ("Lemuria"), Hammond organ
- Jens Nyborg - balalaika, domra
- Sven Lindblad - balalaika
- Kavi Björkqvist - balalaika
- Richard Evensand - drums
- Mats Levén - lead vocals ("Uthark Runa"), rock and roll vocals ("Abraxas")
- Piotr Wawrzeniuk - lead vocals ("Lemuria", "The Dreams of Swedenborg", "Feuer Overtūre / Prometheus Entfesselt")
- Peter Mossman - narration ("Lemuria")
- Orchestra: Prague Philharmonic Orchestra (conducted by Adam Klemens and Mario Klemens)
- Choir: Kūhn Mixed Choir (conducted by Mario Klemens)
|Dutch Albums Chart||76|