February 29, 1988
Marburg, Hesse, Germany
|Height||5 ft 10.5 in (1.79 m)|
|Dress size||6 US/36 EU|
Lena Johanna Gercke, better known as Lena Gercke (born February 29, 1988 in Marburg, Germany), is a German fashion model and television host. She was winner of the first cycle of Germany's Next Top Model.
Gercke was born in Marburg, Germany and grew up in Cloppenburg where she attended the Liebfrauenschule Cloppenburg (ULF), a Roman Catholic gymnasium, completing her abitur in 2007. Gercke is a hobby chess player. She has a sister and two half-sisters, who are her father's daughters.
On August 14, 2004, Gercke won a casting call for fast food chain Burger King. She was represented by Langer-Pueschel who booked her for photoshoots, catwalk shows, and dance performances. At the beginning of 2006, she attended a casting call for Germany's Next Topmodel hosted by Heidi Klum. Upon winning the competition, she received an advertising contract with the fashion label OuiSet, a modeling contract with IMG Models in Paris, the cover shoot for the June 2006 issue of German Cosmopolitan and an advertising contract with Microsoft for Windows Live. She also appeared in magazines such as the American issues of Cosmopolitan, Sports Week, Glamour and on the cover of French Votre Beauté. She was featured in print campaigns of H&M, Mexx and Geox. In 2010 she walked on New York Fashion Week for the Spring season of Custo Barcelona.
After her win, Gercke was always closely associated to Germany's Next Topmodel with making a guest appearance on Cycle 2 and being a backstage host on the live final of Cycle 3 and 6. In 2009 she became the host of Austria's Next Topmodel on which she equaled the role of her former mentor Heidi Klum. The shows fourth season has just been announced with Gercke returning in her role. In June 2011 she was also hosting a special of GNTM called "Die 25 unvergesslichsten Kandidatinnen" (The 25 most unforgettable contestants) for Pro Sieben which featured a ranking list of all six seasons of the show.
Gercke dated US5-boyband member Jay Khan until December 2009 with whom she lived in Berlin. Since May 2011, she is dating Real Madrid footballer Sami Khedira. She lives in Berlin and New York, but now spends most of her time in Madrid to be close to Khedira. Khedira posed with her in a tuxedo while she was stark-naked, with his hands covering her breasts.
- Action Management, Greece
- Elite Model Management, Amsterdam
- Elite Model Management, Milan
- Muse Model, New York
- Munich Models
- Select Models, London
- Sight Management, Barcelona
- Red Seven Artists
- "Abiturjahrgang 2007". Abi-Galerie. Liebfrauenschule Cloppenburg. Retrieved 2009-04-17.[dead link]
- "Lena Gercke - Karriere nach der Castingshow". SHG. Schleswig-Holsteinischer Zeitungsverlag. 2008-07-03. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- Kaiser, Heinrich. "Lena versetzt Liebfrauenschüler in Hysterie - Massen wollen Rückkehr auf die Schulbank miterleben". Münsterländische Tageszeitung (in German) (Hermann Imsiecke Druck und Verlag). Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "Lena Gercke: Zu dick für Paris". Focus. 2008-03-22. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- Dreyer, Patricia (2007-05-24). "Hey, das ist nur ein Job". Spiegel. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- Lena Gercke + Sami Khedira: Private Einblicke, Gala.de, 8. Februar 2012
- (New York Times, March 9, 2012)
- Official website
- Lena Gercke in the Fashion Model Directory
- Lena Gercke at the Internet Movie Database
|Germany's Next Topmodel winner
Cycle 1 (2006)