Lenka performing at Summer Sonic festival in Tokyo, Japan, 2009
|Birth name||Lenka Kripac|
|Also known as||Lenka|
19 March 1978 |
Bega, New South Wales, Australia
|Occupations||Singer, songwriter, actress|
|Instruments||vocals, piano, trumpet|
|Labels||Sony Music, Epic Records, Skipalong Records|
|Associated acts||Decoder Ring|
Lenka (born Lenka Kripac on 19 March 1978) is an Australian singer–songwriter, known for her song "The Show," (produced by Stuart Brawley), from her self-titled album Lenka. Her latest song "Everything at Once" was used in the official Windows 8 TV Ad.
Early life 
The daughter of a Czech musician father and an Australian schoolteacher mother, Lenka was raised in the Australian bush of New South Wales until age seven, when her family moved to Sydney, where she received her schooling and music training, and started to work as a musician.
As a teenager, Lenka studied acting at the Australian Theatre For Young People, where she trained with actress Cate Blanchett. Lenka starred in the Australian ABC-TV drama series GP as Vesna Kapek in the 1990s. She also hosted Cheez TV and has guest starred in other Australian TV series, including Home and Away, Wild Side, Head Start, and Spellbinder. She appeared in Australian feature films The Dish and Lost Things, as well as in theatre productions.
Decoder Ring 
Solo career 
After adopting her first name as her sole artistic name, Lenka released her eponymous debut album on 24 September 2008, with "The Show" (produced by Stuart Brawley) chosen to be the first single release from the set. The album peaked at number 142 on the US Billboard 200.
Lenka creates paper art type of stop-motion animated music videos for each of her singles with James Gulliver Hancock, a visual artist from Australia. The childlike appearance to all her music videos is done on purpose by the duo. Her vocal stylings are a juxtaposition of pop and layered, complicated influences.
Personal life 
Lenka is married to visual artist James Gulliver Hancock. She announced on 27 September 2011, that she was pregnant. In March 2012, she announced on Twitter that she had given birth to a boy named Quinn. She currently resides between Sydney, Australia and Brooklyn, New York.
- Healy, Topher (interviewer) (4 September 2008). "Rave Magazine – Brisbane Street Press – Lenka". Rave Magazine. Retrieved 5 November 2008. "I really didn't want to be a pop star. But it seems now that I'm a 30 year-old, I've regressed back to being five. But you know, that's cool."
- itunes.apple.com Lenka. Biography.
- "Lenka | Artist". MTV Asia. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
- "Bio". The Official Lenka Site. Sony Music Entertainment. Retrieved 18 May 2010.
- "Brisbane Street Press – Lenka". Rave Magazine. 4 November 2008. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
- "Columbia Records UK " Releases " Lenka – Lenka". Columbia.co.uk. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
- The Show Songfacts
- "((( Lenka > Charts & Awards > Billboard Albums )))". allmusic. 23 September 2008. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Lenka|
- Official website
- Lenka talks to Flavorpill!
- Interview with Lenka
- Lenka In SPIN's November Issue
- James Gulliver Hancock (artistic collaborator)