|Full name||Lennard Adjetey Sowah|
|Date of birth||23 August 1992|
|Place of birth||Hamburg, Germany|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Defender, Left back|
|2004–2006||SC Urania Hamburg|
|2006–2007||FC St. Pauli|
|2010–2013||Hamburger SV II||45||(0)|
|2012||→ Millwall (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22 June2014(UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Lennard Adjetey Sowah (born 23 August 1992 in Hamburg, Germany) is a German-Ghanaian footballer . He is a defender in the left back position, but can also play in a more advanced left wing position. Sowah is currently playing for the danish team FC Vestsjælland.
Sowah originally came to England after receiving interest from Arsenal. He left Arsenal and joined Portsmouth, where he has forced himself onto the peripherals of the first team under both Paul Hart and Avram Grant. He was rewarded with the squad number 46 and made his first appearance on the Portsmouth bench in the League Cup win against Carlisle United. He has also been named on the bench in F.A Cup games against Coventry and Sunderland. Sowah made his Premier League debut in April 2010 against Blackburn Rovers, as a substitute for Richard Hughes. His next appearance came in a 0–0 draw against Wigan Athletic, in which he played the whole of the second half.
On 18 April 2010, playing against Aston Villa, Lennard Sowah became the first player born after the Premier League was formed to start a Premier League match. He was born eight days after the first Premier League matches were played.
However, due to not making a single senior appearance for Hamburger SV, he sign a loan to Championship side Millwall until the end of the season on 31 January 2012, his first return to English football since his release from Portsmouth. He failed to make a single appearance for the club during his loan spell.
Sowah was born to Ghanaian parents in Hamburg and as such, has both German and Ghanaian citizenship. He has represented Germany at U-16 and more recently, U-18 level. The Ghanaian FA have also declared interest in having him represent their U-20's side.
- "List of Players under Written Contract Registered Between 01/06/2010 and 30/06/2010" (PDF). The Football. Retrieved 19 July 2010.
- "Carlisle 1-3 Portsmouth". BBC News. 22 September 2009.
- "Premier League milestone for Sowah". Premier League. 20 May 2010. Retrieved 6 July 2010.
- "Sowah seals Hamburg switch". Sky Sports. 6 July 2010. Retrieved 6 July 2010.
- "HSV verpflichtet Lennard Sowah Mit Lennard Sowah kommt ein weiterer Hamburger Jung zum HSV". Hsv.de. 31 May 2010. Retrieved 19 October 2010.
- "DFB - Deutscher Fußball-Bund e.V. - Team". Dfb.de. Retrieved 19 October 2010.
- "DFB - Deutscher Fußball-Bund e.V. - Statistik". Dfb.de. 29 January 2007. Retrieved 19 October 2010.
- "Africans eye up Pompey starlet - Portsmouth Today". Portsmouth.co.uk. Retrieved 19 October 2010.