Lenox Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio
|Lenox Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio|
Lenox Christian Fellowship at Lenox Center
Municipalities and townships of Ashtabula County
|• Total||24.4 sq mi (63.1 km2)|
|• Land||24.3 sq mi (62.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,001 ft (305 m)|
|• Density||60/sq mi (23.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085731|
Located in the center of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Jefferson Township - north
- Denmark Township - northeast corner
- Dorset Township - east
- Cherry Valley Township - southeast corner
- New Lyme Township - south
- Rome Township - southwest corner
- Morgan Township - west
- Austinburg Township - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Lenox Township.
Name and history
It is the only Lenox Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. Currently, the members of the board are John Maylish, Wynn Wessell, and Doug White.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Lenox township, Ashtabula County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Ashtabula County, Ohio Ashtabula County, 2007. Accessed 2007-05-28.
- Kilbourn, John (1833). "The Ohio Gazetteer, or, a Topographical Dictionary". Scott and Wright. p. 270. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.