|Date of birth||26 March 1958|
|Place of birth||Czechoslovakia|
|Playing position||Defender, midfielder|
|2002–2003||FC Hradec Králové|
|2008||1. FC Slovácko|
|2012||1. FC Přerov|
|2012–2014||1. SC Znojmo|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
As a player he played in the Czechoslovak First League for Sigma Olomouc. As a manager he has had a number of clubs, including spells in the Gambrinus liga with Sigma Olomouc and Hradec Králové. Arguably his greatest achievement to date is winning the Slovak Super Liga in 2002 with Slovak side Žilina.
First League and European football
Kalvoda took over as manager of Sigma Olomouc towards the end of the 1999–2000 Gambrinus liga season. In his first full season with the club, Sigma finished third in the league and qualified for the following season's UEFA Cup. However the club lost in the first round against Spanish side Celta de Vigo. Following an indifferent start to the 2001–02 Gambrinus liga league campaign, with the club 13th after 11 games, Kalvoda resigned as manager in October 2001.
Kalvoda joined Slovak side Žilina as manager in January 2002, leading the club to their first-ever league title in the 2001–02 Slovak Superliga. The club subsequently played in the UEFA Champions League but lost to Swiss club FC Basel in the second qualifying round, resulting in Kalvoda's dismissal.
He went on to Hradec Králové in December 2002, a club who were lying in penultimate place in the Gambrinus liga. He arrived as the club's new manager, replacing Petr Uličný and signed a deal lasting until June 2004. Hradec were relegated in May 2003 at the end of the league season.
Second League and lower
Although Kalvoda stayed at Hradec Králové in spite of their relegation to the second division, he was with the club for just a short time longer; with just three wins in the first six games, Kalvoda was removed from his position in September 2003.
Kalvoda took charge of HFK Olomouc in March 2004, initially alongside Vítězslav Kolda. He stayed on as the club's manager until 2007, when he was appointed manager of Czech 2. Liga side Slovácko during the winter break of the 2007–08 season. His tenure at Slovácko lasted just five months before he was replaced in May 2008, before the season had finished.
In spring 2012, Kalvoda saved Czech Fourth Division side Přerov from relegation. He attracted the attention of Czech 2. Liga side Znojmo, replacing Bohumil Smrček as the manager there in June 2012. In his first season with the club, Kalvoda brought in players such as Marek Heinz in the winter break and went on to celebrate promotion with Znojmo at the end of the season. He left Znojmo at the end of the 2013–14 season, following their relegation from the Czech First League.
- "Kalvoda: Trenér nemůže být jen diktátorem". iDNES.cz (in Czech). 10 December 2007. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- Jeřábek, Luboš (2007). Ceský a ceskoslovenský fotbal - lexikon osobností a klubu (in Czech). Prague: Grada Publishing. p. 85. ISBN 978-80-247-1656-5.
- "Kalvoda rezignoval, Olomouc vede Vaďura". iDNES.cz (in Czech). 21 October 2001. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Zilina part company with Kalvoda". UEFA. 21 August 2002. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Fotbalisté Hradce mají nového kouče". iDNES.cz (in Czech). 2 December 2002. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Trenér Kalvoda v Hradci skončil". iDNES.cz (in Czech). 1 September 2003. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "HFK Olomouc má zachránit Kolda s Kalvodou". iDNES.cz (in Czech). 16 March 2004. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Kalvoda končí. Nahradí jej Dekař?". iDNES.cz (in Czech). 19 May 2008. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "V Karviné cítím elán, říká trenér Kalvoda". iDNES.cz (in Czech). 2 July 2008. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Znojmo mění kouče, výš v tabulce ho má dovést Kalvoda". iDNES.cz (in Czech). 12 June 2012. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Znojemský kouč Kalvoda: Podařilo se nám, co Plzni ne". denik.cz (in Czech). 27 May 2013. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Znojmo povede osobnost ligy Machala. Na doporučení Kalvody". Deník (in Czech). 9 June 2014. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Kalvodovi: Bitva otce proti synovi". iDNES.cz (in Czech). 11 April 2008. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- Profile at iDNES.cz (Czech)