|Elevation||1,190 m (3,900 ft)|
|Location||Split between the municipalitites of Mabini and Maco, Compostela Valley, Philippines|
|Volcanic arc/belt||Leonard Range|
|Last eruption||120 AD ± 100 years |
It has a 203 km diameter caldera lake called Lake Leonard. Amacan Thermal Area is located 5 cadastral km SSW of Lake Leonard.
The Leonard Kniazeff (North Davao) area has been the object of a geothermal exploration program.
Manat thermal area is north of Lake Leonard, solfataras occur around its SW rim, and active solfataras, fumaroles, and hot springs are found in the Amacan-Gopod thermal area south of the lake.
There was a scare in 1995 but PHIVOLCS investigation at the time did not disclose any unusual activity, and no unusual activity has been reported since.
- List of active volcanoes in the Philippines
- List of potentially active volcanoes in the Philippines
- List of inactive volcanoes in the Philippines
- Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology
- "Leonard Range". Global Volcanism Program, Smithsonian Institution. http://www.volcano.si.edu/world/volcano.cfm?vnum=0701-031.
- "Leonard Range Eruption History". Global Volcanism Program. Retrieved on 2011-08-18.
|This article about a Philippine location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|