|Full name||Leonardo González Arce|
|Date of birth||November 21, 1980|
|Place of birth||San José, Costa Rica|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Seattle Sounders FC|
|2009–||Seattle Sounders FC||99||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of March 23, 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
González made his professional debut for Herediano on 24 September 2000 against Puntarenas and scored his first league goal on 4 August 2002 against Carmelita. González was an important player for Herediano, appearing in 154 league matches and scoring 3 goals in nine years at the club. He stayed with the team until his transfer to Municipal Liberia, also known as Liberia Mia in early 2009. On July 2, 2009, it was announced that he was signed to Seattle Sounders FC of Major League Soccer.
Upon signing González, Coach Sigi Schmid said, “It’s nice to have a naturally left-footed player. He can play left back, play center back in a pinch, and he can also play wide and run the whole line for us. He is an attacking left fullback with good size and athleticism. He’s very willing to get forward out of a defensive position and does a good job defensively.”
González made his debut for Costa Rica in a November 2002 friendly match against Ecuador and earned a total of 61 caps, scoring 1 goal. He represented his country in 15 FIFA World Cup qualification matches and played at the 2006 FIFA World Cup as well as the 2003, 2007 and 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cups. He was also selected to play in the UNCAF Nations Cup 2007, where he scored against Honduras.
|1||9 February 2007||Estadio Cuscatlán, San Salvador, El Salvador||Honduras||2 – 0||3 – 1||UNCAF Nations Cup 2007|
González is married to Alejandra Abarca Hernández and they have two children.
- Primera División de Costa Rica (1): Verano 2009
Seattle Sounders FC
- Datos: Leonardo González - Nación (Spanish)
- Leo González jugará con Liberia - Nación (Spanish)
- Leonardo González jugará en el Sounders de Seattle - Nación (Spanish)
- Sounders FC sign Leonardo Gonzalez – Seattle Sounders Football Club
- Mamrud, Roberto. "Costa Rica - Record International Players". RSSSF. Retrieved 2009-06-02.
- Leonardo González – FIFA competition record
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2003 - Full Details - RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2007 - Full Details - RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2009 - Full Details - RSSSF
- Player Profile - Seattle Sounders
- MLS player profile
- Leonardo González at National-Football-Teams.com