|LGA(s)||City of Greater Geelong|
The area was formerly known as Kensington. The post office opened as Kensington on 19 May 1858, and was renamed Kensington Hill in 1882, Leopold Hill in 1884 and Leopold in 1885.
Heritage listed sites
Leopold contains a number of heritage listed sites, including:
The Bellarine Rail Trail passes through Leopold. The Gateway Plaza is situated on the corner of the Bellarine Peninsula and Melaluka road, it is home to Coles, Mc Donald's, Bendigo Bank, Panache and other shops.
Leopold is constructing four new residential developments called the Kensington Estate, the Estuary Estate, the Debionair Heights Estate and the Gateway Estate. Many of the available land has been sold. Houses are either in construction and others near finished.
The Leopold Sportsmans Club provides bowls green, squash, function rooms and other facilities.
As of 2012, Leopold consists of three sources of education.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Leopold (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2011-12-18.
- Premier Postal History, Post Office List, retrieved 2008-04-11
- "Melaleuka (H1117)". Victorian Heritage Register. Heritage Victoria. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- "St Marks On The Hill (H0776)". Victorian Heritage Register. Heritage Victoria. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- Gateway Plaza Leopold, Gateway Plaza Leopold, retrieved 2012-07-26
- Sporting Pulse, Leopold Football and Netball Club, retrieved 2012-07-26
- Leopold Sportsmans Club, Leopold Sportsmans Club, retrieved 2012-07-26
- Leopold Primary School, Leopold Primary School, retrieved 2012-07-26
- Geelong Kindergarten Association, Leopold Kindergarten, retrieved 2012-07-26
- Geelong Kindergarten Association, Allanvale Preschool Centre, retrieved 2012-07-26
|This article about a location in Victoria, Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|