From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lerner is a German family name. It also can be German-Jewish surname, as Jews historically took the names of their adopted homes. Its literal meaning can be either "student" or "scholar".
It may refer to:
- Lerner Enterprises, a real estate company.
- Lerner Newspapers
- Lerner Publishing Group, a publisher of children's literature.
- Lerner New York, the former name of the New York & Company clothing chain
- Aaron Bunsen Lerner (1920–2007), American physician, researcher and professor.
- Abba Lerner, American economist
- Adam Lerner
- Al Lerner, billionaire, chairman of MBNA
- Al Lerner (composer), American musician, pianist, and big band leader
- Alan Jay Lerner, American lyricist and librettist
- Alejandro Lerner, Argentine musician
- Avi Lerner, film producer
- Ben Lerner, American poet
- Claire Lerner
- Dan Lerner, American television director and producer
- David Lerner (1951-1997?), American poet
- Edward (Ned) Lerner , computer-game maker
- Edward M. Lerner, science-fiction writer
- Eric Lerner
- Gad Lerner, Italian journalist and writer
- George Lerner, inventor of the toy Mr. Potato Head
- Gerda Lerner, a founder of the fields of women and African American history
- Irving Lerner, alleged Soviet spy in the US during World War II
- Jaime Lerner, architect and urban planner, Brazilian state governor
- Jennifer Lerner, professor and experimental social psychologist
- Jimmy Lerner
- Ken Lerner, American actor
- Konstantin Lerner, Ukrainian chess grandmaster
- Laurence Lerner, literary critic, poet and novelist
- Leo Lerner, a newspaper publisher
- Max Lerner, American journalist and educator
- Melvin J. Lerner, professor of social psychology
- Michael Lerner:
- Murray Lerner, American film director and producer
- Osip Mikhailovich Lerner, 19th century Russian Jewish intellectual and lawyer
- Randy Lerner, American entrepreneur and sports team owner
- Richard Lerner, American research chemist
- Robert E. Lerner, American medieval historian
- Samuel Lerner, Romanian songwriter American theater and film.
- Samuel A. Lerner, Co-founder Lerner Shops, father of Alan J.
- Sam Lerner, American child actor
- Sandra Lerner, co-founder of Cisco Systems
- Sara Hestrin-Lerner, Israeli physiologist.
- Sidney B. Lerner, Manitoba judge
- Stephen Lerner
- Ted Lerner, billionaire, real estate developer, and owner of the Washington Nationals.
- Theodor Lerner, German journalist and polar explorer
- Lerner Index
- "Lerner Exchange," an illegal maneuver figuring in the conviction of ex-media baron Conrad Black
|This page or section lists people with the surname Lerner. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|