New York & Company
|Traded as||NYSE: NWY|
|Headquarters||450 West 33rd Street
New York, New York
Number of locations
|Greg Scott, President and CEO|
|Products||Women's Apparel & Accessories|
New York & Company, Inc., is a wear-to-work retailer for women. New York & Company apparel and accessories are sold through a nationwide network of retail stores, New York & Company Outlet Stores and through its ecommerce site.
NY&C headquarters are in New York City as is the flagship store located on 58th Street and Lexington Avenue. Greg Scott has been the company’s CEO since 2011.
New York & Company was founded in 1918 as Lerner Shops by Samuel A. Lerner and Harold M. Lane in New York City. Samuel Lerner was the uncle of renowned lyricist Alan Jay Lerner. In 1992, the company changed its name to Lerner New York and in 1995 to New York & Company. They have been publicly traded since 2004.
- 1918 - The Lerner brothers, blouse manufacturers, open the first Lerner Shops store in NYC. 18 more shops opened later that year.
- 1930 – The first West Coast Lerner Shops location opens in Los Angeles, CA.
- 1985 - Limited Brands purchases the company.
- 1992 - The company changes its name to Lerner New York.
- 1995 - The New York & Company brand, one of several labels Lerner New York carries, is introduced.
- 2002 - Lerner New York and New York & Company become an independent company when it’s purchased from Limited Brands.
- 2005 - Flagship store opens in NYC – 58th Street & Lexington Avenue
- 2006 - Ecommerce site nyandcompany.com is launched.
- 2010 – The New York & Company Outlet division is launched.
- 2011 - Greg Scott is appointed CEO.
- 2012 - NY&C Beauty, including fragrance, lip & nail, is launched.
- 2013 – The Eva Mendes Collection, an exclusive collection designed in collaboration with actress Eva Mendes, is launched nationwide.
Merchandise, Sub-Brands & Exclusive Collections
This includes leggings, yoga pants, velour, outerwear, tees, knit tops, skirts, sweaters and pants.
7th Avenue Suiting Collection
includes pants, jackets, dresses, skirts and shorts.
The Crosby Street Suiting Collection
This collection features modern suiting pieces.
Available in 7th Avenue & Crosby Street pant fits.
New York & Company offers petite, average & tall sizing from 0-18.
wear-to-work styles including dresses, pants, skirts, bodysuits, jackets, outerwear and jewelry.
Numerous celebrities have appeared in marketing initiatives for New York & Company including; Eva Longoria, Brooke Shields, Iman, Cindy Crawford, Eva Jeanbart-Lorenzotti, Maria Menounos, Ellen Pompeo & Patrick Dempsey.
- New York & Company, Inc. Announces First Quarter 2011 Results
- "Eva Mendes Gives Peek at New Line, Shares Beauty Tips". http://abcnews.go.com/ (Good Morning America). Retrieved 4 April 2014.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- Lockwood, Lisa. "New York & Co. Signs Eva Longoria" (08/11/2005). WWD.
- "Brooke Shields, Print Ad". http://www.imdb.com.
- Miller, Linda. "Eva Jeanbart-Lorenzotti to debut collection at New York & Company". News OK. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- Marsi, Steve. "Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey For New York & Company: Holiday Style". Retrieved 6 November 2006.