Lerwick and Bressay Parish Church
There are three regular places of worship:
- Gulberwick Church (approximately 4 km south of Lerwick), with a Sunday service at 10.00 am.
- St. Columba's Church in Lerwick town centre, with a Sunday service at 11.15 am. This building was renovated during 2008.
- Bressay Church, on the Isle of Bressay, with Sunday services at 6.30 pm in summer months (and 3.00 pm November-April).
St. Columba's building is now the only Church of Scotland parish church in Lerwick. This building was constructed during the late 1820s. It is the largest church building in Shetland (and is a listed building). The church organ was installed in 1871. It was only the second Church of Scotland church building to be so equipped, following in 1866 a relaxation of the Church law on instrumental accompaniment to music in worship.
As of 2014, the minister is the Rev Dr Caroline Lockerbie. The previous minister (2002-2010) was the Revd Gordon Oliver BD, who was previously minister at St Andrew's Church, Lisbon, Portugal and moved to the Parish of Latheron, Caithness in 2010.
- "Times of Services". Lerwick & Bressay Parish Church. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- Louise Thomason (5 December 2008). "Big Kirk transformation complete". The Shetland Times. Retrieved 2009-08-22.