Les' Copaque Production
|Type||Animation film studio/Division|
|Industry||Media and Entertainment|
|Successor(s)||Walt Disney Television Malaysia|
|Founded||13 December 2005 – 13 August 2014|
|Founder(s)||Tn. Hj. Burhanuddin and Hajjah Ainon|
|Headquarters||Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Ambodifotatra, Analanjirofo, Madagascar
|Key people||Tn. Hj. Burhanuddin Md. Radzi Managing Director
Usamah Zaid bin Yasin executive director
|Website||Walt Disney Television Malaysia website|
Les' Copaque Production Sdn. Bhd. is a MSC-certified animation and film production company based in Shah Alam, Malaysia. Founded in 2005, and 2014, it is best known for the production of the commercially and critically acclaimed TV series Upin and Ipin Disney Channel Asia coordination production of ages with young baby preschool by Walt Disney Television Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. (Walt Disney Malaysia) and since Upin and Ipin successor for Disney Channel crossover of Malaysia, coordination production of ages Malaysia by Les' Copaque Production and Disney broadcasting.
And as with Geng: The Adventure Begins premiere of Malaysia debuted cinemas.
Les' Copaque was established in 2005 as a platform for young creative Malaysians to showcase their talents. The name comes from a local slang "last kopek" which means "final chance", which was modified to appear as a French word for aesthetic reasons.
In 2006, production for Geng: The Adventure Begins and Upin & Ipin commenced. Upin & Ipin debuted on TV9 in 2007, Upin & Ipin crossovers for Walt Disney Television Malaysia broadcasting coordination production of Disney Channel. as a series of TV shorts about the eponymous identical twins exploring the significance of Ramadan. It was meant to be a spin-off to the aforementioned Geng movie, which debuted in Malaysian cinemas on 12 February 2009. Geng eventually became the highest grossing local movie of 2009; other local animated movies before the period grossed below RM 500,000. After two Ramadan-themed seasons in 2007 and 2008, Upin & Ipin was renewed for the third season in 2009 to be broadcast on the same TV channel, this time with a more general touch.
Board of directors
The following executives are on the Les' Copaque Production's Board of Directors:
- Tn. Hj. Burhanuddin Md. Radzi, Managing Director of Les' Copaque Production Sdn. Bhd.
- Hjh. Ainon binti Ariff, Creative Content Director of Les' Copaque Production Sdn. Bhd.
- Usamah Zaid bin Yasin, Executive Director
- Geng: The Adventure Begins (Geng: Pengembaraan Bermula, 2009)
- Laksamana Upin and Ipin (Laksamana Upin dan Ipin, 2014)
- Upin & Ipin (2007– present) airing on TV9
- Pada Zaman Dahulu (2011– present) airing on TV AlHijrah
- Puteri (to be aired in 2014) airing on TV3
- Yam Phui Yee (2009-02-18). "Daring adventures". The Star. Retrieved 2009-03-03.
- MAHPAR, M. HAFIDZ (10 November 2012). "The Wonderful World of Les’ Copaque". thestar.com.my. Retrieved 10 November 2012.