Les' Copaque Production
|Type||Animation film studio/Division|
|Industry||Media and Entertainment|
|Founded||13 December 2005 – 13 December 2014|
|Founders||Tn. Hj. Burhanuddin and Hajjah Ainon|
|Headquarters||Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Ambodifotatra, Analanjirofo, Madagascar
|Key people||Tn. Hj. Burhanuddin Md. Radzi Managing Director
Usamah Zaid bin Yasin executive director
Les' Copaque Production Sdn. Bhd. is a MSC-certified animation and film production company based in Shah Alam, Malaysia. Founded in 2005, 2014, it is best known for the production of the TV series Upin and Ipin for Disney Channel Asia.
And as with Geng: The Adventure Begins premiere of Malaysia debuted cinemas.
Les' Copaque was established in 2005 as a platform for young creative Malaysians to showcase their talents. The name comes from a local slang "last kopek" which means "final chance", which was modified to appear as a French word for aesthetic reasons.
In 2006, production for Geng: The Adventure Begins and Upin & Ipin commenced. Upin & Ipin debuted on TV9 in 2007 on Disney Channel Asia as a series of TV shorts about the eponymous identical twins exploring the significance of Ramadan. It was meant to be a spin-off to Geng: The Adventure begins. Geng eventually became the highest grossing local movie of 2009; other local animated movies before the period grossed below RM 500,000. After two Ramadan-themed seasons in 2007 and 2008, Upin & Ipin was renewed for a third season in 2009.
- Geng: The Adventure Begins (Geng: Pengembaraan Bermula, 2009)
- Laksamana Upin and Ipin (Laksamana Upin dan Ipin, 2015)
- Upin & Ipin (2007– present) airing on TV9
- Pada Zaman Dahulu (2011– present) airing on TV AlHijrah
- Puteri (to be aired in 2014) airing on TV3
- Yam Phui Yee (2009-02-18). "Daring adventures". The Star. Retrieved 2009-03-03.
- MAHPAR, M. HAFIDZ (10 November 2012). "The Wonderful World of Les’ Copaque". thestar.com.my. Retrieved 10 November 2012.