Les Georges Leningrad
|Les Georges Leningrad|
@ Mighty Robot,Brooklyn - Oct 03
|Origin||Montreal, Québec, Canada|
|Labels||Les Records Coco Cognac
|Past members||Poney P
Les Georges Leningrad were known for their extravagant stage costumes, including masks in particular. It can be difficult to glean information on parts of their history and their plans, mainly due to their habit of giving contradictory, incomprehensible or ludicrous answers to interviewers' questions. They have been elected twice "freakiest local act" by the readers of the weekly newspaper Montreal Mirror.
After announcing in early 2007 on their MySpace page that they had broken up, Les Georges Leningrad now say that they may play more shows sometime in the future.
The band originally consisted of four members, although they were reduced to a trio with the departure of bassist Toundra LaLouve after their first album was released.
- Poney P (vocals)
- Mingo L'Indien (keyboards, guitar)
- Bobo Boutin (drums)
The band switches instrumentation, taking turns at bass, keyboard, guitar, drums and vocals. A drum machine (sometimes) helps this juggling.
- 2002 Made In Taiwan
- 2002 Deux Hot Dogs Moutarde Chou (Les Records Coco Cognac)
- 2004 Sur les Traces de Black Eskimo (Alien8 Recordings)
- 2005 Supa Doopa Remix (Troubleman Unlimited)
- 2006 Sangue Puro (Dare to Care Records, Tomlab)
- Les Georges Leningrad official website
- Les Georges Leningrad at Exclaim!
- Les Georges Leningrad at allmusic
- Alien8 Recordings
- PUNKCAST#352 Live Video @ Mighty Robot, Brooklyn - Oct 25, 2003. (RealPlayer)
|This article about a Canadian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|