|Leslie K. Guice|
Louisiana Tech University
July 1, 2013 – current
|Preceded by||Dan Reneau|
December 23, 1954 |
|Alma mater||Louisiana Tech University (B.S., 1976)
Louisiana Tech University (M.S., 1978)
Texas A&M University (Ph.D., 1986)
Leslie Keith Guice (born December 23, 1954) is the 14th president of Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, Louisiana. Guice, who holds a Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, succeeded Dan Reneau as the Louisiana Tech president after a long career at the institution as a student, professor, Dean, and Vice President of Research.
In 1976, Guice received his Bachelor of Arts degree in architecture from Louisiana Tech University. He remained at Louisiana Tech until 1978, when he received a Masters degree in Civil Engineering and immediately moving to a position as an Assistant Professor in Tech's Department of Civil Engineering. While still employed at Tech, he completed a Ph.D. in Civil Engineering at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas.
Not long after completing his doctorate, Guice was appointed the head of the Civil Engineering Department. By 1999, he was the Dean of the College of Engineering and Science. In 2004, he became the Vice President for Research and Development, and on November 29, 2012, Guice was announced as the 14th President of Louisiana Tech University.
- "Click Leslie Guice, December 1954". voterportal.sos.la.gov. Retrieved June 9, 2014.
- "Tech Presidential Search Committee Picks Les Guice". The News Star. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Education". Louisiana Tech University. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Dr. Les Guice to serve as Louisiana Tech University’s 14th president". Louisiana Tech University. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Guice Named Next President of Louisiana Tech University". University of Louisiana System. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "TPB Member Lookup". The Tau Beta Pi Association. Retrieved 31 July 2013.