Les Menuires is a ski resort in the Belleville valley of Les Trois Vallées between Saint-Martin-de-Belleville and Val Thorens. Owned and operated by Compagnie des Alpes, It is in the Savoie département of France.
The resort has 48 restaurants, 39 ski lifts and 62 trails. The resort has advanced ski slopes and beginner slopes. The resort also hosted the men's slalom alpine skiing event at the 1992 Winter Olympics. Its slopes are connected to more than 600 km of slopes in Les Trois Vallées, making it a part of the largest skiable area in the world. The resort has not only skiing facilities, but also offers a range of other activities.
The resort was founded in 1964 and has an altitude range of 1850 m.
- 1992 Winter Olympics official report. pp. 100-1. (English) & (French)
The main resort is centered around La Croisette, all of the restaurants shops bars and hotel Le Pelvoux are linked by an internal gallery. These front onto the piste, and the ski lifts that link the three valleys network.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Les Menuires.|
- Official Les Menuires Tourism Office website
- Official site of Les 3 Vallees, lift & piste info, cams, weather, snow etc
- Discover Les Menuires ski resort
- Les Menuires Androïd source
- Les Menuires Iphone source
- 3 Valleys mobile wap source
- Vanoise National Park
|This French location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|