Les Trois Accords
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010)|
|Les Trois Accords|
Les Trois Accords in 2010
|Origin||Drummondville, Quebec, Canada|
|Genres||Rock, pop punk, punk rock|
|Past members||Olivier Benoit
Les Trois Accords is a Quebec rock band from Drummondville. The band launched its first album Gros mammouth album in 2003. Some of the notable songs, taken from that album, include "Hawaïenne", "Saskatchewan" and "Lucille". Along with their videos, these songs received heavy exposure in Quebec. In 2004, Gros mammouth album turbo (certified Platinum by the CRIA) was released with two extra tracks, "Loin d'ici" and "Turbo sympathique". In 2006, they released their second album, entitled Grand champion international de course (certified Gold by the CRIA).
The song "Lucille" was included in an enhanced podcast Épisode #1 - Rouyn-Noranda that was released by bandeapart.fm in 2005. In 2006, bandeapart.fm featured the band in a video podcast Les Trois Accords au camping — Baladovidéo.
Originally formed in 1997 by Olivier Benoit and Simon Proulx, the band's current membership is:
- Pierre-Luc Boisvert (bass; joined in 2001)
- Charles Dubreuil (drums and percussion; joined in 2001)
- Alexandre Parr (guitars, vocals; joined in 1999)
- Simon Proulx (vocalist, guitars)
The second album from Les Trois Accords was released September 5, 2006. This album did not break with the rock-pop style of Gros Mammouth and was more outrageous in its lyrics. The music video for Grand Champion can be viewed at Bande à part. The second music video is "Tout nu sur la plage". The album rose to the top of the charts after its first week.
Les Trois Accords can be classified along the same lines as French punk bands like Bérurier Noir, Parabellum, Les Cadavres or Les Wampas (all well known in Québec), but with a more California-pop sound. We can compare them more to Ludwig von 88 because of their obnoxious interviews—most notably, their interviews for Tout le monde en parle, Bon baisers de France, and Musique Plus. Les Trois Accords have had complaints about their lyrics before expressing their opinions but they believe that expressing themselves inspires them.
Discography and music videos
- Gros mammouth album (2003)
- Gros mammouth album turbo (2004) (updated version)
- Grand champion international de course (2006)
- En beau country (2008)
- Dans mon corps (2009)
- J'aime ta grand-mère (2012)
Demos and albums
- Demo de la Commune (1999)
- Demo Live at Drummondville (2001)
- Demo Jaune-Brun (2002)
- "Loin d'ici"
- "Turbo Sympathique"
- "Vraiment beau"
- "Grand champion"
- "Tout nu sur la plage"
- "Ton avion" (In the video the song is a symphonic cover of the original)
- "Dans mon corps"
- "Le bureau du médecin"
- "Elle s'appellait Serge"
- "J'aime Ta Grand-Mère"
- "Je me Touche dans le Parc"
- Gold and Platinum Search Music Canada. Retrieved January 31, 2012.
- Bande à part - Grand Champion International de Course