Lesbians on Ecstasy
||This biographical article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2012)|
|Lesbians on Ecstasy|
|Origin||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Genres||Electroclash, synthpunk, queercore|
Jackie “the Jackhammer”
The band toured across Canada and the U.S. with Le Tigre before the release of their first recording. The first album, the self-titled Lesbians on Ecstasy was released on October 26, 2004. In 2005, the song from this recording entitled “Bitchsy”, a re-take of the Fifth Column song "All Women Are Bitches, was featured on the TV series Queer as Folk. That same year, Lesbians on Ecstasy was chosen as the “Album of the Year” by U.S. magazine The Advocate.
In the summer of 2005, the band released their follow-up recording Giggles in the Dark, an LP of Lesbians on Ecstasy remixes by Le Tigre, Scream Club, Tracy and the Plastics, Kids on TV (featuring Maggie MacDonald), 1-Speed Bike, DJ AÏ, Jody Bleyle (formerly of Team Dresch), Katastrophe and Sean Kosa. Additional remixes were available for download on the web site by French producer Electrosexual, and Branx. The band's third full-length release, entitled We Know You Know came out in the spring of 2007.
The band's name is a reference to Chicks on Speed.
- 2004: Lesbians on Ecstasy CD, Alien8 Recordings
- 2005: Giggles in the Dark Remix LP, CD, Alien8 Recordings
- 2007: We Know You Know LP, CD, Alien8 Recordings
Singles and EPs
- 2004: "Tell Me Does She Love The Bass"/"U Feel Love", split 12" with The Unireverse on Total Zero Records
- Lezzies On X – The official website.
- Alien8 Recordings – Record company website.
- Lesbians On Ecstasy interview - The ideas behind the band
- Free download of A Silence Broken at Public Record Website
- Free official download of Tell me does she love the bass Electrosexual remix at Lesbians on Ecstasy Website
- PUNKCAST#1132 Live video from Studio B, Brooklyn, April 5, 2007. (RealPlayer, mp4)