Leslie Baker (film executive)
Baker entered the film industry in 1924 with Gainsborough Pictures; between 1930 and 1933, a senior partner in the accountancy firm of Baker, Todman and Co. He went on to become assistant general manager, production for Gainsborough and Gaumont British pictures corp, (1933–35).He was appointed director, secretary and general production manager and associate producer for Twentieth Century Productions Ltd, (1938–43). He joined Ealing studios as secretary in 1943 and was elected to the board in 1946.
Baker died at the age of 78.
- "Kinematograph Year Book 1947", published by London, Kinematograph Publications Ltd, p.57
- General Register Office, England and Wales Civil Registration Indexes, District. West Ham, vol. 4a, p. 740
- General Register Office, England and Wales Civil Registration Indexes,District.Worthing, vol. 18, p. 2314
- The American Film Institute Catalog of Motion Pictures Produced in the United States (1931-40), by Patricia King Hanson and Alan Gevinson, published by University of California Press (1993).
- Films Famous, Fanciful, Frolicsome & Fantastic, by John Howard Reid, published by Lulu.com
|This biographical article related to film in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a film producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|