Lesser Officers of The Realm
During the 17th century in Sweden the highest officials in the realm were divided into two sections of 5 positions each, they were the Great Officers of The Realm and the Lesser Officers of the Realm. The Lesser Officers of the Realm were directly connected to the Kings Court or one of the branches of the armed forces. The Officers were, in order of precedence;
- Marshal of the Realm (Swedish: Riksmarskalk), the highest court official in the Realm.
- Master of the Horse (Swedish: Riksstallmästare), Superintendent of the Kings Stables, Stud Farms and of the Cavalry.
- Master of the Artillery (Swedish: Riksfälttygmästare), Chief of the Field Artillery Corps.
- Master of the Hunt (Swedish: Riksjägmästaren), superintendent of the Kings Forests.
- Quartermaster general (Swedish: Generalkvartermästare), In charge of army supplies and fortifications.
|This Sweden-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|