Let's Do It for Johnny!
|Let's Do It for Johnny|
|Studio album by Bowling for Soup|
|Released||May 16, 2000|
52:03 (Japanese Edition)
50:39 (Australian Edition)
|Producer||Eric Delegard, Jaret Reddick|
|Bowling for Soup chronology|
|Singles from Let's Do It for Johnny!!|
Let's Do It for Johnny is the major-label debut and fourth studio album of Bowling for Soup, released on May 16, 2000 by Jive Records. It was recorded at Reel Time Audio in Denton, Texas, about 100 miles from where the band was formed in Wichita Falls, and featured the group's first hit "The Bitch Song." The album name is a reference to The Outsiders. It is the first album with Gary Wiseman on drums.
The band re-recorded several of their older songs for this album. Tracks 6 and 7 appeared on the album Rock on Honorable Ones!!, tracks 1, 2, 4, 5, and 9 originally appeared on the EP Tell Me When to Whoa, and track 8 appeared on both Rock on Honorable Ones!! and Tell Me When to Whoa.
|2.||"The Bitch Song"||Reddick||3:23|
|3.||"Pictures He Drew"||Reddick||3:22|
|4.||"Dance with You"||Reddick||3:29|
|5.||"You and Me"||Reddick||4:06|
|6.||"Scope"||Reddick, Eric Delegard||3:32|
|8.||"Belgium"||J. Erik Chandler, Reddick, Delegard||3:24|
|12.||"Summer of '69"||Bryan Adams, Jim Vallance||3:05|
|13.||"All Figured Out"||Reddick||4:13|
Bowling for Soup made two singles of this album in 2000.
- "The Bitch Song" has a video, where the band is playing the song in a prison, while Jaret remembers the good moments with his girlfriend, whom he calls a bitch.
- "Suckerpunch" has no video, but the band considers this song as a single and plays it in all their live concerts.
Bowling for Soup:
- Jaret Reddick — vocals, rhythm guitar
- Erik Chandler — bass, vocals
- Chris Burney — lead guitar, vocals
- Gary Wiseman — drums, vocals on "All Figured Out"
- Produced by Eric Delegard
- Co-Produced by Jaret Reddick
- Engineered by Eric Delegard at Reel Time Audio, Denton, TX
- Mixed by Tom Soares at Electric Lady Studios, NYC Except "The Bitch Song" Mixed by Matt Wallace at Encore Studios, Burbank, CA
- Recording Assistant: Michael England
- Mix Assistants: Shinobu Mitsuoka and James McCrone
- Drum Techs: Rob Avsharian and Matt Thompson
- Mastered by Greg Calbi at Sterling Sound, NYC
- Casey Diiorio — Guitars on "Pictures He Drew" and "Boulevard"
- Matt Slider and Eric Delegard — Vocals on "All Figured Out"
- Joe Cripps — percussion on "Pictures He Drew," "Scope," "Dances With You," "Belgium," "Hang On" and "All Figured Out"
- Mike Duffy — Percussion on "The Bitch Song"
- Michel England — Guitar on "All Figured Out"
- Management: Jeff Roe for FFroe Management
- For Booking: Michael Arfin for QBQ Entertainment
- Gilbert Garza: Stage Manager
- Sweet Charlie: Merchandise and Assistant to Mr. Von Erich
- Legal Representation: Mike McKoy - Serling, Rooks and Ferrara
- "A List of the 11 BFS studio albums (for my twitter peeps)". 5 January 2011. Retrieved 6 January 2010.