Let It Snow, Baby... Let It Reindeer
|Let It Snow, Baby... Let It Reindeer|
|Studio album by Relient K|
|Released||October 23, 2007|
|Genre||Holiday, Christian rock, pop punk, alternative rock|
|Relient K chronology|
|Jesus Freak Hideout|||
Let It Snow, Baby... Let It Reindeer is the second Christmas album by Christian rock band Relient K. It was released on October 23, 2007, selling 4,500 copies in its first week. The album is a re-release of the band's first Christmas album, Deck the Halls, Bruise Your Hand, but with seven new songs and some other changes, such as track listing and a new ending to one song. The details were announced by Jesus Freak Hideout on August 21, 2007, and by IGN around the same time. The album peaked at #96 on the Billboard 200 list in its fourth week and at #15 on iTunes. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" played during the December 14th 2007 episode of Ghost Whisperer. A re-issue of the album was released on iTunes on November 18, 2008. It includes renditions of "Silver Bells," "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen," and "O Holy Night," as well as a music video for their version of "Sleigh Ride."
The band's video for "Sleigh Ride" was made by Funny Pages Productions. It is an animated video, and the band had mentioned in recent years that they always wanted to do an animated video. It features all of the band members as rabbits in winter. The Matt Thiessen rabbit fails to get the attention of a girl rabbit, which leads the other four band members to steal Santa's sleigh so that he can impress her. After the two take off in the sleigh, Santa tries to get it back by using a giant snowman. After some close calls, the other band members build a snowwoman to draw the snowman off. In the end, they give Santa his sleigh back, and the Ethan Luck rabbit sneaks a present from Santa's sleigh for Matt to give to the girl rabbit. The video was released in November 2008.
|1.||"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"||2:11|
|3.||"Merry Christmas, Here's to Many More" (Written by Matt Thiessen)||3:51|
|4.||"Angels We Have Heard on High"||1:55|
|5.||"Deck the Halls"||1:21|
|6.||"12 Days of Christmas"||3:33|
|7.||"Silent Night/Away in a Manger"||2:18|
|8.||"I Celebrate the Day" (Written by Matt Thiessen)||3:17|
|9.||"In Like a Lion (Always Winter)" (Written by Matt Thiessen)||3:44|
|10.||"I'm Getting Nuttin' for Christmas"||1:39|
|11.||"We Wish You a Merry Christmas"||2:12|
|12.||"Santa Claus is Thumbing to Town" (Written by Matt Thiessen)||2:43|
|14.||"I Hate Christmas Parties" (Written by Matt Thiessen)||4:34|
|15.||"Boxing Day" (Written by Matt Thiessen)||3:37|
|16.||"Auld Lang Syne"||2:53|
|17.||"Good King Wenceslas (Untitled Track)"||3:17|
|2008 Re-release tracks|
|2.||"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"||2:05|
|3.||"O Holy Night"||2:34|
- Matt Thiessen – lead vocals, rhythm guitar, piano
- Matt Hoopes – lead guitar, backing vocals
- Brian Pittman – bass (old tracks only)
- Dave Douglas – drums, backing vocals (2003 and 2007 tracks only)
- John Warne - bass, backing vocals (new tracks only)
- Jon Schneck - rhythm guitar, backing vocals (new tracks only)
- Ethan Luck - drums (2008 re-release tracks only)
- Mark Lee Townsend - producer (music)
The artwork for the album was created by Davy Baysinger, formerly of Bleach.
- "Jesus Freak Hideout - Let It Snow Baby...Let It Reindeer Review". Jesus Freak Hideout. 2007-09-02. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- Allmusic review
- Jesus Freak Hideout review
- "Jesus Freak Hideout - News - August 21, 2007". Jesus Freak Hideout. 2007-08-21. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- "IGN - Music - Relient K Bring Christmas Early". IGN - Music. 2007-08-20. Retrieved 2007-09-02.